Thread: stocking bass

Wink stocking bass

Has anyone tried stocking ponds with bass. I caught a good amount and the owner wanted to get rid of them and my swimming pool had no chlorine in it so i just threw them in i'm not sure of what to feed them

i can come over and try feeding them a bass bug or two? otherwise go release them at Rutter Rd

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Cameron
    I far as I know you need permits for stocking and transport of non-indigenous species even if it is in your own backyard. Without compliance you can end up being in big trouble. To make sure phone the proper authorities. Speak to Martine Jordaan at Cape Nature. She is a fisheries scientist in charge of stocking in the Western Cape.
    Last edited by shector; 12-10-16 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Cameron
    I far as I know you need permits for stocking and transport of non-indigenous species even if it is in your own backyard. Without compliance you can end up being in big trouble. To make sure phone the proper authorities. Speak to Martine Jordaan at Cape Nature. She is a fisheries scientist in charge of stocking in the Western Cape.
    Hi Stan,

Martine no longer controls fishing permits, it is Dean Impson.

@Cameron - you can mail or call dimpson@capenature.co.za or 021 866 8000
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Hi Stan,

Martine no longer controls fishing permits, it is Dean Impson.

@Cameron - you can mail or call dimpson@capenature.co.za or 021 866 8000
    Martine is in charge of permits pertaining to transport and stocking of non-indigenous species. Dean is her boss. Trust me her husband and I are colleagues

Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Martine is in charge of permits pertaining to transport and stocking of non-indigenous species. Dean is her boss. Trust me her husband and I are colleagues
    Oh okay that's weird because I emailed her and she told me she no longer works with permits, referred me to Dean!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

You may find this article on how to stock bass interesting http://www.bigbass.0catch.com/id8.htm

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Oh okay that's weird because I emailed her and she told me she no longer works with permits, referred me to Dean!
    Matt, I think it might be the fishing permits that she doesn't issue anymore. Or she might have gotten a new job that I'm not aware of. As far as memory serves she assess the intended area of stocking and issues the transport permits and stocking permits for the designated area.