Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I need new boots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I like them too. Im a bit concerned about the stitching on the outside, which could fray and come apart, but apart from that, they look good. I have wasted too much money in the past on boots where the external stitching on the uppers has come apart as a result of scuffing against the rocks and gravel.
    as stupid as this sounds i'm gonna put a line of knot sense along the length of stitching and see how it pans out

rather use Solefix
    Or one of the glues that the runners use on the soles of their shoes.
    You will get MUCH better wear from that as it is much stronger and the same price as a tube of Knot sense, but 100x more in a tube
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    as stupid as this sounds i'm gonna put a line of knot sense along the length of stitching and see how it pans out
    On my Korker Devil's Canyon boots I applied Aquasure to all the stitching and it has made a huge difference. After nearly 2 years no damage to any of the stitching.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

thanks Korrie and Dlampert, thinking about it, you guys are right. i said knot sense only because of its hard finish. i was gonna suggest sikaflex (marine glue) but its just too messy to work with

Most sizes of STL, let me know or pop in for a fitting
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    What do you have in stock Craig.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Craig

I get a lot of invites, can't help that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Thats just unfair.....
    Regards
    Craig

Guys, on this topic, has anyone tried good quality rubber surf booties, like rip curl, billabong, oneill etc? I wanna get a pair for surfing, just wondering what the grip would be like on the slimy slate and mud banks at the Breede? Possibly do the old 2 birds 1 stone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Guys, on this topic, has anyone tried good quality rubber surf booties, like rip curl, billabong, oneill etc? I wanna get a pair for surfing, just wondering what the grip would be like on the slimy slate and mud banks at the Breede? Possibly do the old 2 birds 1 stone

My guess is those booties will get sucked off your feet in the deep mud at Breede... I've had my Simms G3's nearly get sucked off my feet in those mudbanks, so would imagine the booties would not be a great option unfortunately...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Andre
    I agree with you, the neoprene has to much stretch.
    You will walk out barefoot.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I use an old pair of booties when I fish the Stilbaai estuary, works a charm!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast