Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Float tube suggestions please!

Default Float tube suggestions please!

Hi guys, please give me some suggestions on float tube and the price! Need to buy one soon and don't want to break the bank! Or if you could maybe lend me one for a weekend it will be sweet! Or maybe want to sell me one that is gathering dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Hi guys, please give me some suggestions on float tube and the price! Need to buy one soon and don't want to break the bank! Or if you could maybe lend me one for a weekend it will be sweet! Or maybe want to sell me one that is gathering dust!
    I'd suggest the Cumberland, available from Fly Fishers Unlimited in Fourways. That's my first choice for a "reasonable" price tube.
    Or, a little cheaper, the Xplorer original V-Boat (not the mini-V), is also cool.

I have an Xplorer mini V boat and i extremely happy with it, i bought it about 6yrs ago and have had absolutely no issues with it.

Not sure what the price is now but i have also used the normal V boat and could never justify spending more.

I would strongly recommend the Mini V Boat!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'd suggest the Cumberland, available from Fly Fishers Unlimited in Fourways. That's my first choice for a "reasonable" price tube.
    Or, a little cheaper, the Xplorer original V-Boat (not the mini-V), is also cool.
    Were is Fishers Unlimited in Fourways? What other shops have good prices that you would recommend in Joburg?

How often are you going to use it?

If you are planning on using it on the odd occasion, first borrow one from a friend and see if it is what you really need/want.

The arks are only a little more expensive, would that not meet your need and be more versatile?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Were is Fishers Unlimited in Fourways? What other shops have good prices that you would recommend in Joburg?
    FFU is in Cedar Square, Fourways. Opposite Fourways Mall, on the west side.
    They are the agents for Cumberland, only place I know that sells them. They are about R 2,500.00, I think. (Not sure)
    011 467 2034
    http://flyfishers.co.za/p/index.php?...id=12&Itemid=8

Otherwise Mias Randburg has some Xplorer Original V-Boats left for about R1,950.00 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    FFU is in Cedar Square, Fourways. Opposite Fourways Mall, on the west side.
    They are the agents for Cumberland, only place I know that sells them. They are about R 2,500.00, I think. (Not sure)
    011 467 2034
    http://flyfishers.co.za/p/index.php?...id=12&Itemid=8

Otherwise Mias Randburg has some Xplorer Original V-Boats left for about R1,950.00 I think.
    Micheal just as a matter of interest do you know what the mini v's retail for now?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Micheal just as a matter of interest do you know what the mini v's retail for now?
    No idea...must admit I just liked the Original V boat better, as it can take more weight. (I'm 108kg). The mini-V was just a little small for my liking. So I got the orginal. I would have got a Cumberland, but they didn't have stock at the time and I needed one urgently. So settled on the Original V and I'm pretty happy with it.

Wow - I got a miniv for R850 a year or two ago from Suburban Spares in Ottery. Great buy. Have had some very good times on it.

Did you use it for fishing as well?

(Sorry, it is Friday..)
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast