Thread: 1st Fish caught in Kzn

Default 1st Fish caught in Kzn

Here are some pic's of my 1st bass (and fish) caught in Kzn. Had an awesome opportunity to fish a section of Inanda Dam on float tube yesterday. I think I am going to settle in very nicely in Kzn and this dam is 20 odd Km's from where I live. Shongweni Dam is only 13 km's from my front door and I am told it also has some great fishing.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Glad to hear that all is going well,nice bass,I guess you going to have to divide your time carefully until the family settle in.Is that sort of size average for KZN?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfstone View Post
    Glad to hear that all is going well,nice bass,I guess you going to have to divide your time carefully until the family settle in.Is that sort of size average for KZN?
    Bru, I am going to make the most of the fishing before they get here . I think this bass is small compared to what is here. The record at Inanda is 6.1 kg's, but was not on fly. I believe that there are monsters in Kzn. Watch this space and thanks again for the advice you gave me some time ago. Paying off nicely now.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Welcome to the neighbourhood and nice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Welcome to the neighbourhood and nice fish!

Thank you and much appreciated. Love this place. So green. Used to live here 20 years ago. Feels like I have come home.
    Clive

Great fish Clive!! Now stop making me jealous!!

Nice going Clive - looks like a decent fish. I have a cousin that used to fish there often - as you say - some real monsters in there!
    Never mistake knowledge for wisdom.

nicely done clive,glad that u settled in nicely.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith