Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Hi All,

My wife and I are originally from the U.S. but we are currently living in Green Point, CT. In the US we hail from steelhead country, Washington State. That being said, I've only caught one of those mythical beasts and that was accidentally, fishing for sea-run cutthroats on a 5wt. Most of the time I chase trout. We have family in Montana, so I try and impose my self on them as often as possible. I think my best fishing trip was our honeymoon, which was a 10 day fly fishing/horse packing trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness catching wild Westlope cutthroat. We are planning on living here in CT till the beginning of March and we just bought a 3wt and are hoping to chase some trout on your cape streams. Hope to meet some of you out there!

Mark

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum. It's a great source of info for South African fly fishing, and there are many great Western Cape anglers on here who could give you advice and point you in the right directions to go after the trout in the Cape. You will enjoy it!

Regards
    Mike Newby

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by msteudel View Post
    Hi All,

My wife and I are originally from the U.S. but we are currently living in Green Point, CT. In the US we hail from steelhead country, Washington State. That being said, I've only caught one of those mythical beasts and that was accidentally, fishing for sea-run cutthroats on a 5wt. Most of the time I chase trout. We have family in Montana, so I try and impose my self on them as often as possible. I think my best fishing trip was our honeymoon, which was a 10 day fly fishing/horse packing trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness catching wild Westlope cutthroat. We are planning on living here in CT till the beginning of March and we just bought a 3wt and are hoping to chase some trout on your cape streams. Hope to meet some of you out there!

Mark
    Welcome Mark
    Getting to fish the Cape streams is relatively easy. All you need to do is contact the Cape Piscatorial Society on (021) 424 7725 and speak to Jean, I'm sure she'll be able to organise something for you. Alternatively, speak to one of our commitee members registered on this forum.

Cheers
    Stanton