Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: I need new boots!!!

Ya... but youre better than Chuck Norris... we talking about normal human beings.:biggrin:

Booties absolutely "suck" on mudflats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I use an old pair of booties when I fish the Stilbaai estuary, works a charm!
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ya... but youre better than Chuck Norris... we talking about normal human beings.:biggrin:

Booties absolutely "suck" on mudflats.
    I have been fishing this way for the last 6 years and have managed just fine, when I have tried any kind of shoe or boot its been a nightmare, but maybe that's just me. . . . . :wink:
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Yes I hear you, but when you sink up to your knees in quicksand, the booties going to come off. If a well laced fishing boot can come off, never to be seen again...then Im not going to trust a bootie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I have been fishing this way for the last 6 years and have managed just fine, when I have tried any kind of shoe or boot its been a nightmare, but maybe that's just me. . . . . :wink:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes I hear you, but when you sink up to your knees in quicksand, the booties going to come off. If a well laced fishing boot can come off, never to be seen again...then Im not going to trust a bootie.
    A fishing boot will come off long before a surfing bootie, a boot has a lot more weight an resistance. Booties are designed for least resistance, weigh pretty much nothing and also don't full up with water and mud like a boot does.
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

You get booties and then then you get diving boots. Neoprene with hard sole, ankle support and zip up fitting. We were having a discussion with Wayne Haslau, a guide for many years at Alphonse, and he prefers these dive boots to any Simms or any other name brand flats boots. He told us he barely managed to get flats boots to last a season whilst his dive boots lasted at least 3 seasons and cost R 400 at a dive shop in PE.

Makes you think. These guys are out on the flats every day for 6 months a year, at least and know what they're talking about.

As an aside, I have a pair of cheapy neoprene boots of similar description that I bought at Suburban years ago. I have used these at the Breede and Stilbaai in the past and they performed fine. No way they got "sucked" off my feet.

I think the learned experts on this site are confusing neoprene socks or sock type surfing booties with dive boots.

proper split toe rubber sole surf booties are notoriously difficult to get off your feet after a surf. I'm just wondering how the grip will be, the last time i went unprepared I fell on my ass on those rocks, had a sulk and didn't catch any fish. I would would have certainly preferred a suck off on the mud banks that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would would have certainly preferred a suck off on the mud banks that day.
    it depends on who is doing it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    it depends on who is doing it.
    Here is a pic of Korrie in the new Simms Bush-huku Wading Boots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Here is a pic of Korrie in the new Simms Bush-huku Wading Boots
    webbed for better swimming when you do the drown and across nymphing method. :0
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Might be a problem when you drive your "Lorrie", Korrie.....or is it your "Korrie", Lorrie....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    webbed for better swimming when you do the drown and across nymphing method. :0

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7