Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CDC Nymph - Step by Step

Pierre, I got some of the Marc Petitjean stuff from Bearlodgeangler.com. Just had a look and see it's $8.20 a pack, but there are hundreds of feathers in a pack.

I couldn't find proper black like Darryl has though. I've got their Natural Black amongst others, which is probably closer to a dark grey colour.

http://www.bearlodgeangler.com/fly_feathers_2.htm
    Last edited by ShaunF; 13-04-08 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Guys

Where do you buy your CDC from, i checked in the shop the other day, R50 for 6 feathers

Cheers
    Hi Pierre,

The cheapest way to buy CDC is in bulk packs. AAOutfitters sell 6gm bulk packs for $14.50. Last year Frontier Flyfishing were selling the same packs for R130 - not sure if they have now or what the price is. A 6gm pack has hundreds of feathers in different sizes.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Default CDC Nymphs

Hi Guys,

There is a great book with step for step tying of these nymphs and many innovative flies called MAYFLIES '' Top to Bottem '' by Shane Stalcup.

A must for you guys who tie brilliantly.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Hi Guys,

There is a great book with step for step tying of these nymphs and many innovative flies called MAYFLIES '' Top to Bottem '' by Shane Stalcup.

A must for you guys who tie brilliantly.

Dave.
    Thanks Dave,

I read Ed Herbst's copy last year sometime - very good book. Shane's tying is awesome but I prefer flies I can throw in a tree, snap off and not worry about losing

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

This looks awesome!! If I hadn't been tying all day and packed my stuff up i would have sat down and tied some of these!

Definately gonna give them a try! Was this the one that you used that day last year on the Elandspad when we hammered the fish?

Pierre - R50 for 6 CDC feathers? Are you not thinking of Coq De Leon rather than Cul De Cunard? Shaun Has CDC but it is 50 feathers in a pack and It is probably about R50.

I must say i like the AA Outfitters' CDC - those bulk baggies are super!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Me too

But the quality varies, you get enough of a variety in a pack to keep you busy for long time....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Definately gonna give them a try! Was this the one that you used that day last year on the Elandspad when we hammered the fish?
    Nah, that was a different nymph - I was actually thinking about it tonight and thought I must tie up some again. Will post the step by step when I do.

Agreed, with a big pack you don't mind tying experimental flies but when you are paying big bucks for a couple of feathers you tend to be more circumspect. Grant, when you gonna tie up some step by step wets to add to your index ? What happened to Kate, Laura and Ashley ?

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Hehe - I have some that will be uploaded once the WP Stillwater trials are completed....
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hehe - I have some that will be uploaded once the WP Stillwater trials are completed....
    Hmmmm cant wait!!!!!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Nice fly, thanks Darryl ! Where do you guys get Tungsten beads in that colour ? I've only managed to find black one and brass coloured ones.
    I source all my tungsten bead from www.flysite.co.nz ... good prices and prompt (about 2 weeks) delivery. He has a HUGE selection of beads.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast