Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is there a common/popular rod length & weight for cape streams?

then you would love Leo's family farm....the only difference is the thilapia there push closer to the 4kg mark than the 3kg mark
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

emjay what happened to your rant last night?did u run out of beer or did the wife kick you off the couch?
    Sage rods are the best...

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    What are "world class still waters?"
    In my opinion "world class stillwaters" are those that hold 3kg tilapia surrounded by monkey thorn trees and only accessible by foot or 4x4.
    At least there are 2 4's in your reply, so you are golden when it comes to chasing 30lbs trout, even if you can only catch 3kg Tilabia ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysmit View Post
    then you would love Leo's family farm....the only difference is the thilapia there push closer to the 4kg mark than the 3kg mark
    Thats massive. SA record is 3.36kg!

Ja, dit is Tilabia Majora, nie die Tilabia Minora wat jy gewoonlik vang nie.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

just because the SA record says one thing doesnt mean that private waters says another lol.....we don't boast about all these catches and fish in point in public....we keep our jewells a secret.....you want giant fish of any species...you fish Komati area....sa record bass is like 6.4kg or something, we have produced 4 over 7kg already...

After the demise of Drie Koppies and Maguga....will we ever publicly list catches to anything driving a GP plate exposing our venues....not in this lifetime or the next.....
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysmit View Post
    just because the SA record says one thing doesnt mean that private waters says another lol.....we don't boast about all these catches and fish in point in public....we keep our jewells a secret.....you want giant fish of any species...you fish Komati area....sa record bass is like 6.4kg or something, we have produced 4 over 7kg already...

After the demise of Drie Koppies and Maguga....will we ever publicly list catches to anything driving a GP plate exposing our venues....not in this lifetime or the next.....
    Show me the pics, no venue description necessary.
    I would LOVE to see what a 4kg tilapia looks like.
    No photo, no fish.

No photo, no fish.
    lol

Red on our take away day I will go ry get pics of the fish for you. Carlo from N4 take aways fish there for them, you can also look them up and phone them...he might have some scary photo's for you he will be willing to email. I don't care much for them as I am a bass fisherman and now a troot kind of guy. But they are there. I also practise CAR Carlo doesn't. If he still has that beast in his fridge that he keeps on bragging about including the 2 x 5+kg bass from the same dam which utterly and truly disgusts me then I will take the pics for you. Those things are gigantic. The blue Kurper in that dam are pitch black with giant lips and grey bellies...especially during the spawn when they sit in the shallows they are really really big. We have caught the odd one here and there on spinnerbait, rapala and swimbait. Epic fights....those fish have anger issues...especially when it's time to get the hooks out...

BUT what I can do is when you guys are ever in the area and you would like to go and try I will gladly take you guys to go do some fishing there. Secluded on my mates family game farm (buffalo ranch). We can also go have some fun at the one farm in Malelane we have access to. There are also giant thilapia/kurper as well as a very healthy population of tigers in 4 farm dams. Yes at times I might boast and you guys might think I am taking the piss. But I am serious an would gladsy take any of the forrum members to some of our spots should you ever be in the area. I can only gain and learn as I am very new to fly fishing and it would be awesome to pic up some tips on how to fish for various species.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3