Thread: 000 wt line (actually 1/2 a line) wanted

Default 000 wt line (actually 1/2 a line) wanted

I read somewhere that one can cut a DT000 wt line in half and use one side as the 000wt rods don't need all the extra line to cast...so has anybody by chance got 1/2 a 000wt DT line for sale to go on my new Sage TXL 000 wt rod???
    Andrew

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

I have a Sage QDT line I used on my txt 000wt in my cupboard somewhere.

The weight rating of a DT line is loosely based on the first 10 yards of the line. A DT line is bellied in the middle and therefore if you cut your line in half, you will have two lines of 15 yards each, both with the same AFTM weight rating. A lot of guys do this, and its quite a good thing to do with you lightweight floaters, in that you have a spare. However I have the feeling that the 000wt lines might be shorter than most standard DT lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyDBN View Post
    I read somewhere that one can cut a DT000 wt line in half and use one side as the 000wt rods don't need all the extra line to cast...so has anybody by chance got 1/2 a 000wt DT line for sale to go on my new Sage TXL 000 wt rod???
    Andrew
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.