Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lakenvlei on Saturday 16 June

Default Lakenvlei on Saturday 16 June

Saturday I went to Larkies with Leonard, Weather was good, fishing was slow. We drift boated (competition style ) and picked up 9 fish for the day. Hardly any wind, and setting up a decent drift was almost impossible. Fish were deep, and although we did see some movement in the shallows, had difficulty getting them.
    Anyway, here is a pic.

Thanks for the report back Andre. We obviously had a very good spell last week then. Your 9 fish for the day is still excellent by 'normal' Lakies standards, well done!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 17-06-07 at 08:59 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Ja thanks, but it was 9 between us, so it was definatly a bit tougher than normal. Perhaps had something to do with the cold front that has come through. We were anticipating better fishing as it was between the two frontal systems, but was not to be.I imagine the guys on Sunday(today would have struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ja thanks, but it was 9 between us, so it was definatly a bit tougher than normal. Perhaps had something to do with the cold front that has come through. We were anticipating better fishing as it was between the two frontal systems, but was not to be.I imagine the guys on Sunday(today would have struggled.
    Ja, i think so too. The berg wind conditions coupled with a sharp drop in barometric pressure would have stuffed things up today I'm sure
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Saturday I went to Larkies with Leonard, Weather was good, fishing was slow. We drift boated (competition style ) and picked up 9 fish for the day. Hardly any wind, and setting up a decent drift was almost impossible. Fish were deep, and although we did see some movement in the shallows, had difficulty getting them.
    Anyway, here is a pic.
    and left all your camel light stompies in the dam after you guys left.... I have nothing against smokers but it is so not necessary to litter especially in such a place like lakensvlei......

C'mon guys, its really not on!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Eish. That is not cool. If that carries on, lakies could go wemmershoek's way.

Guys lets try clean up after ourselves. The last thing we need is for Bob to start thinking about kicking the CPS out again.

I am a smoker too, but leaving stompies around the dam is not acceptable at all in my book.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

[QUOTE=Andre;27888 We drift boated (competition style ) and picked up 9 fish for the day. [/QUOTE]
    What is the difference between a 'competition style' drift and a normal drift? Andre? Anybody?

PLONKERS... WE DON'T SMOKE CAMEL LIGHTS Liam!!! Make sure of your facts about a man brand first before you point fingers... And thanx for coming up and greating us?

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    PLONKERS... WE DON'T SMOKE CAMEL LIGHTS Liam!!! Make sure of your facts about a man brand first before you point fingers... And thanx for coming up and greating us?
    Leonard and andre

My sincerest apologies.....

But to whoever is throwing their stompies into the water, it really not on!!!!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Leonard and andre

My sincerest apologies.....

But to whoever is throwing their stompies into the water, it really not on!!!!
    COOL!!! NOW ALL IS FORGIVEN..NO WE CAN BE FRIENDS AGAIN. LOTSA LOVE LENN AND ANDRE.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast