Thread: How to dye feathers/biots

Default How to dye feathers/biots

Hi guys, I hope you guys can help me out, I did a search but couldn't find anything on the subject. I got hold of a few peacock "underwing" feathers ( I think) and they've got some lovely long biots, the edges are brown but if you peel them off they are white, I suppose all are?! How can I go about to dye some of them brown/gold? and where would I get the products to do this with??

Thanks in advance!

Ps. I hope everyone had a good x-mas!! a happy and prosperous new year to all!!

HI Ollie,

Dying of feathers is not easy, I have some mates that are fundi's down here, not me, I leave it to them. Boiling them and then dying is a art of its own.

Let me know if you are seriouse.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Howzit Dave! shit I didn't realize it was such a mission thought you could just buy some dye shove it in and leave for few hours, and bobs your uncle!!!!! ahh well if you can find out from your budds it would still be interesting to know how it is done, but not so sure I'll attempt it, if it's going to need specialized products and time consuming.

Thanks for the input Dave! cheers boet

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    Howzit Dave! shit I didn't realize it was such a mission thought you could just buy some dye shove it in and leave for few hours, and bobs your uncle!!!!! ahh well if you can find out from your budds it would still be interesting to know how it is done, but not so sure I'll attempt it, if it's going to need specialized products and time consuming.

Will give you Stewie's contact number, he has it mastered. NOT A FORUMER, good luck.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Will give you Stewie's contact number, he has it mastered. NOT A FORUMER, good luck. Dave
    Hi Dave

I would also like to have a chat with him.
    I will be grateful if you will also PM me his contact number.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Dave

I would also like to have a chat with him.
    I will be grateful if you will also PM me his contact number.
    HI Guys,

I have P.M. both of you guys Stewie's contact number. Enjoy.

Dave

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI Guys, I have P.M. both of you guys Stewie's contact number. Enjoy. Dave
    Thanks Dave - appreciated!

Dave! just wanna say thanks for getting me in contact with Stewie, luckily he said that as long as the feathers were not treated in any way they take to the dye easily, it was a hellova mission to get hold of the specific dye he recommended but I got hold of the brand manager , who generously sent me a couple of samples, and tried the first few last night and they came out a perfect olive colour. So thanks for sharing Dave I really appreciate it, can't wait to get a chance to visit your valley to fish with you!!! Cheers

Dave! just wanna say thanks for getting me in contact with Stewie, luckily he said that as long as the feathers were not treated in any way they take to the dye easily, it was a hellova mission to get hold of the specific dye he recommended but I got hold of the brand manager , who generously sent me a couple of samples, and tried the first few last night and they came out a perfect olive colour. So thanks for sharing Dave I really appreciate it, can't wait to get a chance to visit your valley to fish with you!!! Cheers
    Glad I could help. Be a pleasure to fish with you. YE!! dying of anything I leave to old Stewie, you guys must see his flies!! 1HR PER FLY!! NO PROBLEM. ( AND THEY ARE INCREDIBLE)

DAVE