Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Northern Cape Yellowfish

Default Northern Cape Yellowfish

Jacobest.jpgSAM_0329.jpgSAM_0910.jpg

And they are still very active. Caught 2 smallmouths today and it is not the perfect weather. Will go tomorrow and look for the bigger ones...
    Jaco v Deventer

Are you at lilydale?
    Actually looking closer it seems to be the vaal or orange
    Last edited by core fly; 17-05-13 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corumana View Post

And they are still very active. Caught 2 smallmouths today and it is not the perfect weather. Will go tomorrow and look for the bigger ones...

You are really getting very good at landing the same fish....

Like this one you got in January posted Flyloops:
    http://www.flyloops.net/showphoto.ph...id_search=9007

Or are the posted pics for illustration only?
    Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform

Default Yes, indeed it is the same fish....and this too!

Photo1189.jpg

I guess I took some extra shirts to the river!

Photo1214.jpg

But I can appear on a picture with the same shirt, different day.....see the change in weather...

Photo1219.jpg

Now, once again, the same fish, I just changed my shirt quickly. The fish did not fit into my landing net, alternative, standing on a rock in the river, this was my only option.

06022013(003).jpg

With this one I took a spare hat, pants ad the lot with!

SAM_0332.jpg

And here I changed my glasses quickly to cheap ones. I did not drop my expensive ones in the river and they did not wash away.

SAM_0982.jpg

Then, my dad just happen to walk past and I asked him to take a picture. I am stupid, should have done that from the beginning.

Dear Mr.... I can load 1000+ pictures of yellowfish I caught. Each picture is digital, that means they do have the date taken printed in them, I can not modify it. I can post you 200+ Mudfish caught on Fly, and if you want to see how to catch Yellowfish on fly upstream/downstream, deep water, shallow water, in the winter....you name it!, send me a dvd and I will be more than happy to load over 10gigs of HD movies for you, made by me!

Now, in the meantime, please prove that the fish I posted are the same fish! Once you can do it......(You know what, I am wating my time)

IT IS NOT THE SAME FISH!

Here is an edited version of a 3kg Smallmouth caught on 4/5wt flyrod. Just in case you say I catch them with pap!

Enjoy your day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXgwpf_x7ZY
    Jaco v Deventer

"Or are the posted pics for illustration only? "

It must be. So, enjoy it.....

They were all caught in a conservancy, you can not do anything else but release them.

Thanks for your time...

PS! Strange how you know everything about me on Flyloops. In that case you should have realized that I loaded the pictures there as well, not all of them though. Did you not realize there was some days between posting. You should then be aware that we organized a trip with some guys from Johannesburg and that they caught 200+ yellowfish. That means, you are aware of the fact that there is a healthy population of fish where I am right now.

Remember when you dig graves, please dig 2.

I will no longer associate myself with Flytalk. As a matter of fact, I will not support, advertise or premote Flytalk at all.
    Last edited by Corumana; 17-05-13 at 01:51 PM.
    Jaco v Deventer

I will no longer associate myself with Flytalk. As a matter of fact, I will not support, advertise or premote Flytalk at all.
    Mmmmm, as a non-biased reader, why the Flytalk hissy fit??

(Nice catch by the way.)
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 17-05-13 at 02:20 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

When in doubt calibrate....
    It is sad to see you going - you gave me endless enjoyment.
    And thanks for sharing the Youtube clip - I prefer to watch my clips in Youtube and not in another browser - watching the rest of your videos was really really informative.
    My favourite must be "It is my cat"! Epic! I guess the elephants and bushpigs weren't invited to this party. Wait don't tell me - it was road kill or something that was "causing damage", or better, you just found it laying there.....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzy7...OaPaZkA/videos

So long and thanks for the memories.
    Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform

Nice yellows Jaco, well done mate.
    STEALTH EXTREME
    5weight - 8weight - 10weight

"My favourite must be "It is my cat"! Epic! I guess the elephants and bushpigs weren't invited to this party. Wait don't tell me - it was road kill or something that was "causing damage", or better, you just found it laying there....."

No, it was shot with a 22 calibre rifle.

I just thought to myself this morning, why should I leave the page. So here I am again.

The fish was caught in Warrenton core fly.

The elephants? No, been there, done that. Had enough of that thanks...
    Jaco v Deventer

"My favourite must be "It is my cat"! Epic! I guess the elephants and bushpigs weren't invited to this party. Wait don't tell me - it was road kill or something that was "causing damage", or better, you just found it laying there....."

No, it was shot with a 22 calibre rifle.

I just thought to myself this morning, why should I leave the page. So here I am again.

The fish was caught in Warrenton core fly.

The elephants? No, been there, done that. Had enough of that thanks...
    Are you the oke that put on spoeg fotos of baby Elephants that you shot...eish, sorry, that is disturbing...

my 2cents
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast