Thread: Info on Yellowfish Paradise

Default Info on Yellowfish Paradise

Hi Guys,

I have th day off on Thursday and if the flow rate behaves itself, I'm off to Yellowfish Paradise. Does anyone have any info about where the deep water and glides are? Any other info is also welcome.........like those secrect trophy spots Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfly View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have th day off on Thursday and if the flow rate behaves itself, I'm off to Yellowfish Paradise. Does anyone have any info about where the deep water and glides are? Any other info is also welcome.........like those secrect trophy spots Herman!
    Yhe, it’s a great spot. I like the shallow right in front of the car park. There is a great spot right on the far bank, but generally it’s got fish everywhere. Your lucky to get away on a weekday, as there should be very few other guys around…
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Hi Guys,

Mayfly, firstly lucky b*gg*r getting out on a weekday
    Max is right about the fish being everywhere, and also about the spot on the far bank. If you look straight accross from the car park by the chalets you will see willow trees overhanging the water. There is a fast glide right under the willows, with a deeper channel about 2m further in.
    Be carefull when wading, there are not only many rocks submerged but also large boulders with a sudden drop off into a hole or gulley.
    Hope this helps and enjoy
    Don't forget the report and pics.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thanks guys! I'll do the pics and info for the "rubber band" this weekend and post in next week.

Thanks for the info guys! I found gold on the far bank!! Nice size fish there, managed to foul hook three!! The ***s where definately not on my side today.

Max, as you said there were fish everywhere!! I had fish rising less than a metre away from me! They were after mayflies, but I tried every pattern I had in my flybox, with no luck!! Suppose you just have some days where you can't crack the code?? Otherwise I need a bigger flybox!

More fly's, I'm all for it, more fly's...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    More fly's, I'm all for it, more fly's...
    I'll have to start tying my own flies at this rate.......

I'll have to start tying my own flies at this rate.......
    That makes two of us I've really been avoiding the whole issue of tying 'cos my clumsy fingers can't deal with anything smaller than a 3/4inch bolt and nut

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    That makes two of us I've really been avoiding the whole issue of tying 'cos my clumsy fingers can't deal with anything smaller than a 3/4inch bolt and nut
    Yea i have the same problem but after losing 7 of my brand new tungsten flies @ R8 a pop!! Tying might be the answer.......????

Yea i have the same problem but after losing 7 of my brand new tungsten flies @ R8 a pop!! Tying might be the answer.......????
    I heard thet Bluewater Flies are going to start producing tungsten beaded "control" flies commercially. Does anyone have more info about this?