Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stealth Adventure vs Xplorer Classic / Guide 2

Thanks for the reply flybum.

I will be mostly fishing stillwaters so it would be perfect. What line weight would you recommend for a floating line with the Stealth adventure? I think the sinking / intermediate lines are heavier than a floating line?
    André

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

Andre , it's 6 weight lines all the way through. Floater --to -- DI 5 / 7.

Thanks Flybum
    André

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

Would you guys say it is a good deal to buy a Stealth Adventure for R550?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Would you guys say it is a good deal to buy a Stealth Adventure for R550?
    A good deal is if you buy a Sage or a Scott for that price....Man that would be the bargain of a lifetime

Thumbs up Rods

Howzit Andre,

I am no expert on fly rods, but here's my 2c's on the subject. Been using the Explorer Procast 8/9 weight rod for estuary and rock and surf fly fishing and the rod has performed very well. No hassles as of yet, the two piece is a bit of a drag but a 50mm diameter upvc pipe with two stop ends (and padding on the inside) has sorted out my travel issues perfectly.

I think the best thing to do is to see what rod will work for you. Interesting article in TCFF on fly rods a few months ago, all manufacturers claim that their latest rods are absolutely the best, makes you cast further, etc. But why is fly lines not getting longer? Most guys cast only a full flyline, +-30m, irrespective of the rods they use... Technique and experience is king, its all about the angler... Note I say that with great humility since my biggest on fly is only about 15cm... LOL

Regards and tight lines.
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

Pipe

I am noooo expert, still crawling myself. I have 2 stealths (3/4 and 5/6) and I am vey happy, no issues and they handle all the abuse a newbee like myself puts them through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2