Thread: New Member KZN

Default New Member KZN

Hi Guys,

Just thought after browsing the forum for some time it was right for me to say hi. Look forward to chatting to all and getting
    great ideas from you guys.

Thanks

Welome to the forums Jason.

There are quite a few members from your area on the forum, and knowing the majority of these members they will always be willing to lend a hand or go fish with you.

BTW which facets of f/f blows your hair back ?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thanks Herman.

Well it is hard to say as I am not as experienced as a lot of the guys here. All I know is that I love the hunt. Nothing better than putting my mind against one of those sneaky trout.
    And coming out on top and the feeling when you land her. I guess I do it for no other reason but for the shear enjoyment of it.
    “If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.” Norman Maclean

Welcome to the forum bud. Enjoy it. Sometimes things go a bit hay wire but all in good fun.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

instead of starting a new thread, i thought i will add here.
    new to the forum, very informative, very impressed!
    havent flyfished in a few years, been concentrating on rock and surf, but getting tired of the crowds. time to take up the long rod again. plan to join NFFC in the next week or so. did some research (some on this site) and it seems the best way to go to gain access to some decent water that can be visited on day trips from durban. unless someone knows otherwise
    please advise

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    instead of starting a new thread, i thought i will add here.
    new to the forum, very informative, very impressed!
    havent flyfished in a few years, been concentrating on rock and surf, but getting tired of the crowds. time to take up the long rod again. plan to join NFFC in the next week or so. did some research (some on this site) and it seems the best way to go to gain access to some decent water that can be visited on day trips from durban. unless someone knows otherwise
    please advise
    Hey Paul, Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new on here but the guys are really helpful and are very willing to share info and help where they can. I have also been toying with joining the NFFC. For me its a toss up between them and the UHTFC. Most of these waters are located around Underberg though so probably 2-3hrs away from Durbs which is a bit far for a day trip. I go up to Drak Gardens at least twice a year so it sort of make sense for me. Where are you based? I have also just joined Durban Fly Tyers club. Also a great bunch of guys. Check out their website for info. They do a few trips a year to salt and freshwater.

http://www.durbanflytyers.co.za/
    http://www.uhtfc.co.za/

Cheers
    Julian
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Henry David Thoreau

Welcome Paul. Always great to see more Kzn boys around. I've been involved in all 3 clubs JulzD mentions so feel free to contact me for information on the clubs or just for a fish.

Cheers,
    Warren
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

thanks guys. i also looked at UHTFC, but it was just the distance that bothered a bit. maybe at a later stage.
    will update when i am going up to the berg. still got a rock and surf outing to attend in june (mazeppa) but will take the fly rod with.