Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mud Prawn

Default Mud Prawn

Does anyone have detailed pictures of a mud and sand prawn for me ? Or a link on where I can find pics?? thanks guys
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Peter, just go pump a few you lazy muppet! take a photo and bobs your uncle! you could even attach them to a hook when you done a then you guaranteed your grunter.....

Those are great Mario, love them.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Those are great Mario, love them.
    Nepptune (Woolhead) tied 'em Dave. Great flies imho.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

nice ties , but I prefer them hook down, so that the hook point sinks into the sand, and makes that distinctive little puff of sand when you twitch it. Seems to attract the grunter more than the fly itself.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Just mud

Quote Originally Posted by schmoose View Post
    Just mud
    Excellent imitation! Care to show us an SBS and list the materials used for this fly??

Just part of some research i did on mud prawn, i also pulled one that was olive green, but did not take a pic.

WRT a SBS, i can show you what I ended up with as my preferred pattern or you could just go online and google peterson's spawning shrimp, it swims hook up (which u want when fishing over mud) and the zonker/dumbell gives it a bunch more action than these imitative patterns you get. I tie them in pink and tan, the tan one hasn't caught a thing (yet!)

thanks Schmooze. you didnt manage one of the underside by any chance?
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast