Thread: The year of the permit

Default The year of the permit

The recent plans to move home to SA have taken a slight diversion with a huge contract my business landed in January back in the UAE, in Al Ain. Having lived in DXB for 8.5 years, we had actually already arrived home in December and all our stuff was in a container on the ocean. It arrives in 2 weeks back in SA, and with my son settled at a nursery, we decided my family would stay put in the leafy suburbs of Kloof, and I would commute back and forth to the UAE to chase the big bucks (with the weak rand - even more so now :biggrin.

What this means is that I have had to put my trout fishing reemergence on hold, and am focusing back on the species down south in Oman. Now that I am living in Al Ain, I am 2.5 hours closer to the beaches in Southern Oman, and thus able to do weekend trips with a lot more ease.

After Peter Coetzee's recent escapades and success targeting Permit down there, I am dedicating this next year to catching one of these chaps. I am researching as much as I can and spent a very productive 4 days down there last week. No, I didn't catch one, but I learnt a lot from it.

I have also started a blog about the story and will be posting updates there regularly, as I tie new flies and progress towards hopefully catching one. I have 'stolen' a few pictures from other blogs to use as evidence and research material for my quest - thanks Peter and Ray!

Here is the link to the blog - follow it if you are interested: http://beefybovril.tumblr.com/

Cheers

Beefy

Thanks very much for letting us know! Will definitely be following with keen interest!

All the best and good luck!

J
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Sounding awesome. Looking forward to seeing this unfold And waiting for the invite.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyP View Post
    Sounding awesome. Looking forward to seeing this unfold And waiting for the invite.
    Anytime boet - you get your ass to UAE / Muscat and we go and hit it!!!

Best of luck for the year ahead! Better keep us updated on the progress

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Two new installments...

http://beefybovril.tumblr.com/