Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SFOTM 07-2014 - The Clouser Minnow

Default SFOTM 07-2014 - The Clouser Minnow

Good Day Gents,

Let’s start this Saltwater Fly of the Month thread off with one of the legends, the Clouser Minnow.

Each saltwater fly fisher should have a few of these in their box as its regarded as one of the best flies ever created. It's a simple fly yes, but this has allowed for a numerous variations to evolve over the years and with the introduction of synthetics this fly evolved even further.

So please come share your favorite clousers be it some Mozam Mega Clousers or some Half & Halfs, all are welcome!

Let's do this

PS. Since we are covering the Clouser in this thread I feel we could allow the odd Tigerfish Clouser, just hide that Gama B10S :tongue:
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Default SFOTM 07-2014 - The Clouser Minnow

Out of interrest, from your statement one could infer that in your view it would be improper to use a B10S in a Clouser.

Why?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Out of interrest, from your statement one could infer that in your view it would be improper to use a B10S in a Clouser.

Why?
    I see your point there. I was however not inferring that using a B10S on a Clouser is improper, but playing on the fact that most Tiger Clousers are tied on them and one should hide them to make them fit better into the saltwater theme. I know some do use them for the salt, but it’s not usually regarded a normal practice.

Now stop bashing me and show us your secret tiger clousers :tongue:
    www.flyordie.co.za

No bashing...

I saw through your plan to get me involved right from the get-go, seeing as all my Clousers are on B10Ses, I first wanted to find out what your beef, if any, was with them 😏
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    No bashing...

I saw through your plan to get me involved right from the get-go, seeing as all my Clousers are on B10Ses, I first wanted to find out what your beef, if any, was with them 
    Your SO is a very lucky lady, you clearly catch on to subtle hints very quickly. Unfortunelty like all men, still needed that last bit of confirmation :tongue:
    www.flyordie.co.za

Isnt the Clouser Minnow originally tied as a freshwater fly for Smallmouth Bass?
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Isnt the Clouser Minnow originally tied as a freshwater fly for Smallmouth Bass?
    Yip..... Thats what Bob designed it for...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Ok let's start with
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

B10s clousers belong in the freshwater section :0)))))))
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Ok let's start with
    Now those are some MEGA clousers! I had made a few and thought they are big enough, compared to these 25cm beasts I think I tie them a bit small.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    www.flyordie.co.za

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast