Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sinking fly line for Tigers

Mine is a Jim Teeny T-300 which I picked up for R250 on the bargain table at Mias
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mine is a Jim Teeny T-300 which I picked up for R250 on the bargain table at Mias
    I have fished for tigers with both and prefer the floating running line. Much easier to manage on the boat. If you feel like going for a full sink, then the Airflo 6th sense Di7 is a very nice line for tigers - non stretch core helps bigtime for hooksets and the tangles arent too bad.

For sink tips, i also used an Airflo and i think i had a 300 too - worked very nicely and that is what i would continue to use.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have one of those, it has to be said that it is a shooting head line with floating running line, I used one extensively in the EC estuaries. Not a bad line, but they are 10yrs old now, that's why you will find it in the bargain bin, and there are newer better lines available.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    ...If you feel like going for a full sink, then the Airflo 6th sense Di7 is a very nice line for tigers - non stretch core helps bigtime for hooksets and the tangles arent too.
    Agreed. It has to also be mentioned that the Pongola below Jozini is never that wide, nor THAT deep, with a constant regular flow, and your guide will paddle to position you, and hold you in position to make whatever cast you prefer.

It's not the Zambezi, it's a smaller river, it has less water, and a much lower rate of flow.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    I used an airflo, think its called 40plus. It worked well for me.
    I also used this line at Sekoma and had no problems with it

Quote Originally Posted by Pappa Roach View Post
    Hi guys please recommend a sinking fly line i need to buy. I will be fishing Pongola river next month and plan to do a trip to Zambezi river (Sekoma) hopefully next year. I have done some reading on this forum but still not sure. The rod i will be using is a TFO BVK 8wt. I understand you can buy a full sinking line or the other option is a running line with a shooting head. Not sure on the advantages but read somewhere that a full sinking line is thin and prone to tangles. Any recommendations? I've seen a RIO tigerfish line 9wt Di7at the local Sollys fishing tackle shop, not sure if that's a good line.

Thx
    I would go for sci anglers streamer express 350 grain , will do you well at Sekoma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2