Thread: PE Fly spots?

Default PE Fly spots?

Greetings all

I am new to this forum as found it in search of some decent FF spots in or around PE. I will be travelling out there late Feb till mid March and am hoping to do some fishing while i'm there. Being an expat local I know the main rivers (Swartkops, Krom, Gamtoos and Sundays) but have never tried fly fishing anywhere in SA as have only just taken to it here in sunny UK (not) so im still a beginner but am keen to try it out anyway. I have most gear which I will be bringing along (rods, reels, flies of many kinds, some tools etc) but would honestly not know where to start with spots, type of fish to target or flies to use. any advice would be most appreciated

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot_uk View Post
    Greetings all

I am new to this forum as found it in search of some decent FF spots in or around PE. I will be travelling out there late Feb till mid March and am hoping to do some fishing while i'm there. Being an expat local I know the main rivers (Swartkops, Krom, Gamtoos and Sundays) but have never tried fly fishing anywhere in SA as have only just taken to it here in sunny UK (not) so im still a beginner but am keen to try it out anyway. I have most gear which I will be bringing along (rods, reels, flies of many kinds, some tools etc) but would honestly not know where to start with spots, type of fish to target or flies to use. any advice would be most appreciated

thanks in advance
    Firstly, a warm welcome to this forum. If you really search here, you will find unending advice relating all spheres of flyfishing. But since you are in my area, I'll step in and help you as far as can be, I'm willing to show you spots, but polluted waters, sorry!!! I will help you, but not put myself in a situation that makes me uncomfortable.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Dave, what do you mean a situation that makes you uncomfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Flack-Davison View Post
    Dave, what do you mean a situation that makes you uncomfortable?
    I live 20 minutes from a saltwater estuary that is polluted, yet have not fished it for a couple of years now because I dont feel comfortable ff in cr@p.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.