Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Simms Freestone Boots

Default Simms Freestone Boots

Guys, there has been much said about the new Simms freestone boots. I purchased my pair on 27 August 2009. I chose the version with the Vibrim soles as i thought these would be the most hard wearing and ideally suited to the type of fishing i enjoy.

I have attached a pictures of what my boots look like at the moment...... this after only 4.5 months worth of use.......Now before i get accusd of being hard on my boots i have a pair of the Stealth boots with the Aquastealth sole, which after a season and a half have no wear on them (other than some of the stitching comming loose). So for a so called premium boot the Simms leave alot to be desired.

Let this serve as a warning to all looking for new boots!!!

P.S. i am not the only one with these problems, i personally know of at least four others suffering with similar problems.

I have the felt sole version, got it around the same time as you and the soles are still perfect, I have a similar problem with the toe getting worn a bit, although not nearly as much as yours. I wear them almost every weekend and I must say, I am pretty satisfied thusfar. The Vibram soles seems to be a disaster if I look at your pics.

I am one of the others suffering with the same problem, the felt is badly worn and the toe section is pretty much shot.

For a high quality boot i am also VERY unsatisfied with the Simms Freestones!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

matt and kyle- have you two been skateboarding with your simms again?
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Looking at those soles. I see the river is keeping you on your toes
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

Geez bro

Didn't realise your boots were so stuffed! Its a serious pity the new freestones seem to be a serious let down.... Bad for Simm's reputation.

The old freestone boots are absolutely amazing. Tough as nails, the uppers last forever. Only problem is they dont make them anymore.

Maybe simm's started to make a weaker boot so to boost their sales through anglers replacing their boots more frequently???
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

I uderstand that something is being done about this. Have you guys spoken to John and Matt at Upstream?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post

Maybe simm's started to make a weaker boot so to boost their sales through anglers replacing their boots more frequently???
    Judging by the quality of these Simms and the response i got from them when i complained it wouldnt suprise me!!!

They need to catch a serious wake up
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I uderstand that something is being done about this. Have you guys spoken to John and Matt at Upstream?
    Andre we are constantly in contact with them, their service is superb as always, its Simms client service that seems to be very poor!

Glad i never ordered a pair.........Jeeeeeeeeez thats bad,i bought a pair of Cheap boots from Mike ( no offence) and they have lasted long time 2 years in fact.....just a few stitching issues.........I am waiting for my new Vision ones to come in from the states,will report back on wear and tear.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast