Thread: Stealth rod part needed

Default Stealth rod part needed

Hey there everyone.
    I broke my trusty Stealth Travel 7'6" 3weight 4piece while in london a while back and am now desperately looking at getting a replacement section. I have contacted Stealth but as of yet have not heard anything from them. Been months. Know that the rod ain't being made anymore, but for me its a little gem as a back-up.

If anyone has a 3rd section from a broken rod they do not need, please contact me. Would really love to get her back in action.

Thanks
    Doug
    If you work with monkeys you'll definitely slip on a banana peel!
    The way to a fly fisherman's heart is AlWAYS through his fly!!

3rd from the tip or butt?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

OOPs! 3rd from butt!

When dealing with Stealth, remember, THEY NEVER ANSWER E-MAILS, but if you phone them, or even better, get a dealer to phone them, they actually offer pretty good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    When dealing with Stealth, remember, THEY NEVER ANSWER E-MAILS, but if you phone them, or even better, get a dealer to phone them, they actually offer pretty good service.
    The last time I dropped them a mail they responded within a day... worth a try
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Appin69 View Post
    OOPs! 3rd from butt!
    I know I have 2 pieces left of that rod, not sure which two though. Ill check when I get home.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

The part you are looking for, is almost certainly not available anymore. I looked for one for one of the previous WP Juniors whose, tip got broken, and we struggled. Eventually got a new rod, so I know that it's unlikely that you will find a tip section. If you are looking for a mid section, you might have better luck, but be aware that you take a chance with replacement sections not fitting properly. I recieved a replacement section for a 2wt SXR extreme some time ago, and it was never quite a perfect fit. Very frustratingly used to shoot off the tip section from time to time. Good luck though.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks Andre! Hope it will work out ok. She my first river rod. Has a special place in my heart.

Fish Whisperer, cheers man! would be great if you do and can. let me know what you want for it and how we can get it to me. That is if you have the part!

Ok, just got off the phone with Stealth. No go on getting that section. They have all of the other pieces available, but not 3rd from the butt section. So now i have gone to begging. If anyone has the got the 3rd section from the butt of a Stealth travel 7'6" #3 please let me know. Really want to get my rod repaired before stream season gets going. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!