Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USD vs ZAR plus JIMC = ???

Default USD vs ZAR plus JIMC = ???

1.00 USD = 12.2763 ZAR

Plus the fact that another parcel of mine went missing from JIMC just recently = calling it a day!!!!!

Seriously, I can't go on like this. And I reckon I'm not the only one in SA that has made this decision due to the above 2 reasons.

Currently a proper custom Sage ONE with all the bells-and-whistles would go for R10 610.83 (give or take some details on components)!!! I just can't bear to give that number to anyone hey!!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Ja dis 'n tawwe ene daai sal moet begin dink aan alternatiewe!

Sorry to hear Mario,it has gone beyond ridiculous now.What is JIMC?

Johannesburg International Mail Centre at OR Tambo Airport
    Fish For The Future
    Please Catch And Release

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Another smack in the face for small business and entrepeneurs!

Mario do you know if parcels that are shipped by Courier experience the same delays, ie do DHL have some other method of clearing customs or must they come and sit in this pile too?

you might find for a few more hundred bucks the guys getting custom rods developed by you might be happy to pay the extra postage for the piece of mind.

But this really sucks - so sad to hear.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Mario do you know if parcels that are shipped by Courier experience the same delays, ie do DHL have some other method of clearing customs or must they come and sit in this pile too?

you might find for a few more hundred bucks the guys getting custom rods developed by you might be happy to pay the extra postage for the piece of mind.
    DHL, Fedex etc do not go through JIMC, and yes, they are a bit more ito costs. That coupled to the crazy exchange makes the pricing even worse. Yes, sure, there are many people who would not mind paying that price for a rod (or more), but it has become crazy how the exchange is effectively throttling us :-(
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I did a spreadsheet this morning on 5wts from Cheap to Premium with about 4 options on components per rod and I was shocked to say the least. I started working out the spreadsheet at R12.07 and had to change the rate to R12.13 an hour later and now its sitting at R11.94. Gone are the days where the price remained more or less constant during the day or at least for a few days.

Reviving an old thread I know... But what you guys say now with the ROE at R15,60/USD$ ?

We bring in bass rods for distribution and we have had two orders... One in November and one now in January, with pretty much the same order except for two custom flyrods. Between these two dates our prices have gone up by R275/rod. Not sure where this is all going to end or when it will stabilise to some degree.
    Here Fishy Fishy...

Just did a little calc for shits and giggles ....

123.jpg
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast