Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Build thread - blue water fly boat - Competition 25 centre console

Boat
    Competition 25 Centre Console,
    True length 25ft
    LOA 28ft (incl. bracket and outboard)
    Beam 8’2” / 2.489m – just within the legal towing limit meaning no oversize permit/towing restrictions like many other overseas brands
    Dry Weight 3,200lb / 1.45mt
    Hull deadrise 24.5 deg
    Fuel capacity 166 gln / 630 litres - how long can one live on Fraser Island with that fuel capacity ????
    Fresh water 30 gln / 113 litres
    Ice blue hull side colour, no boot stripe
    Deck and inside T-top colour also ice blue to match hull colour, inside T-top roof matte so as not to reflect glare
    Rub rail – stainless / white
    Hardtop with recessed LED lighting (multi- colour option, bue, red, green, white)
    Seat / leaning post - tackle storage drawers and insulated under seat cooler
    Transom tackle storage drawers
    3 Insulated in deck fish boxes with drains - 1 forward, 2 aft
    Coffin box, removable, with cushion, insulated with strong tie downs
    Console door - forward facing with seat - well waterproofed - wiring etc. kept dry
    Drink holders - 2 or 3 in leaning post, 2 in transom, 2 in each side gunwale, 2 in console
    Lockable console, hatch covers & transom / leaning post drawer doors
    Storage shelves for fresh and salt water coiled deck hoses
    Gunwale combing padded 360 deg
    Salt water wash down system
    Fresh water wash down system – 30 gln
    Bilge pumps - 2 aft bilge mounted side by side with float switch - 2,000 gln/hr
    Trim tabs - Lenco 12x12
    Hydraulic steering - Seastar H54Y
    2 spare unused switches on switch panel for any future needs
    Stainless lifting / towing rings - 1 forward / 2 aft on transom corners
    Plug / power point for electric reel/s in aft area - 1 each side - to fit Tanacom electric reels – Hubbell waterproof sockets and plugs, staggered location on each side
    USB charger in console for iphones / cameras etc.
    Additional water intake option for live bait tubes (1,100 gph pump)
    Fuel filter / water separator - Racor stainless 3213
    Forward anchor well with drain
    Pop-up marine grade stainless cleats for mooring lines x 6
    Swim ladder – 3 step

Motor
    Yamaha F300 4 stroke
    Digital controls
    Engine Management software - Yamaha Command Link (to link into Garmin 1040xs via NMEA 2000 link)
    Propeller - 3 blade 15 x 19 Yamaha stainless prop with Yamaha SDS for softer quieter gear shifts
    Covers / Clears
    Full canvas cover to well below gunwale
    5 piece Enclosure clears/Eisenglass with gull wings incl.

Electronics / lighting
    2 battery set up - Marine 27 series
    Main sounder - Furuno FCV 295
    Transducer – SS264 pair, 1Kw, 20 deg tilted element, 50Khz with wide beam, 200 Khz with narrow beam, non-diplex to hardwire straight into the back of the FCV295.
    GPS / AP / secondary sounder - Garmin 1040xs – also takes feed from stereo & Command link to provide alternative display option. Interfaces with AIS system on VHF to display vessel activity in the area
    B175C HW Chirp transducer for the 1040xs to provide shallow water (down to 300m) and wider beam performance
    iCom ICM506 VHF with AIS and DSC – (linked into Garmin 1040xs)
    VHF Antenna (5225-XT or similar) and mounting bracket
    Auto pilot, Garmin GHP-20 kit incl. smart pump
    Garmin NMEA 2000 backbone starter kit
    Stereo - Fusion RA205 (to link into Garmin 1040xs)
    Docking Pod - Fusion, multi-option (can be mounted inside console)
    Amp – Fusion FM 5/6 way Amp
    Speakers - 3 pairs 6” or 7”, JL
    Sub-woofer – 10” - Fusion MS SW10 – mounted facing rear on wall of anchor well along with a pair of JL’s
    Stereo antenna
    Underwater LED lights - multi colour option
    Under gunnel LED's and deck lighting - multi colour
    T-top white navigation / anchor light
    T-top LED's recessed into hardtop - multi colour
    Pop up bow navigation lights
    Lumitec forward facing and rearward facing LED spotlights mounted on hardtop for night fishing

Fishing
    Rigger bases - Taco to match Bly riggers - welded / very well supported on T-top
    Rigger poles upgraded to Bly Carbon Fibre retractable Bly riggers - 20ft with line caddies
    Shotgun - centre rigger - still decide on whether to bother with this given most of what we do will be fly fishing / switch baiting
    Riggers to return to T-top, not gunwale, to keep full walk-around capabilities
    T-top rod holders - 6
    Leaning post / seat back rod holders - 3 – (2 fly rods and one conventional)
    Console side rod holders , vertical through T-top – 8 (4 each side)
    Gunwale rod holders – 14 (7 each side / transom)
    Under gunwale rod storage 6 – (3 rods each side) - fly rod
    Transom livebait tank - 30 Gln / 113 litres
    Live bait tube pair over back of transom, 78mm diameter, removable bracket, plumbed with flush connector through transom

Trailer
    Australian compliant LoadRite, full aluminium, stainless brakes and cables, alloy rims, spare wheel carrier and wheel, Easi-glide poly covers on bunks, electric over hydraulic brakes, 12 pin plug, 70mm towball, winch etc., torsion axles, target bunks & load guides.

Mudderfrugger! What a detailed list of specs.

That F300 should be a thing of beauty to hear and feel when it's pumping ...

OTT : What are the Auz regs ito distances allowed offshore on a single outboard setup?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Not as much of an issue here as in SA. I think SA is tough as guys launch off the beach up and down the coast and marine rescue / coast guard coverage not as good as here.

Basically here there are no limits, we launch out of ports, there are well monitored VHF stations with repeaters etc. up and down the coast and we log on / off - if you like they will call you every 2 or 3 or 4 hours to check status too and we have a good number of other boats out at any one time that can relay should you be out say +50nm and cant reach base.

Steve

No...no beach launches allowed herein SA.
    Quote Originally Posted by igfafly View Post
    Not as much of an issue here as in SA. I think SA is tough as guys launch off the beach up and down the coast and marine rescue / coast guard coverage not as good as here.

Basically here there are no limits, we launch out of ports, there are well monitored VHF stations with repeaters etc. up and down the coast and we log on / off - if you like they will call you every 2 or 3 or 4 hours to check status too and we have a good number of other boats out at any one time that can relay should you be out say +50nm and cant reach base.

Steve
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    What about Sodwana? Haven't been there for a while but it was always a beach launch.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

When I read Shotgun, I thought "Sh1t, they have pirates in Aus as well!"
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Not sure about Sodwana either, never been there, but if its a recognise and regulated beach launch site, then it would be allowed. I was more reffering to the statement that guys launch off the beach up and down the coast. That isn't allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    What about Sodwana? Haven't been there for a while but it was always a beach launch.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by igfafly View Post

Steve
    I was thinking that would be the situation, makes a world of difference when you're living in a first world country as opposed to here ... well two worlds, technically.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Oh well I left there in '93 so I guess things have changed. I will edit my response then - no there are no limits on single outboards offshore in Aussie

Happy ?

Steve

Not sure about Sodwana either, never been there, but if its a recognise and regulated beach launch site, then it would be allowed. I was more reffering to the statement that guys launch off the beach up and down the coast. That isn't allowed.
    There are a couple of spots that do beach launches in SA, Sodwana being one. Mabibi is another.
    Ramsgate on the South Coast is another, I remember from my Natal days.
    If I remember correct, Umglangha has a special ramp for beach launches.
    Umkomaas is another spot.
    So, there are a couple of spots that you can launch from the beach in SA.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast