Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Little one from sage

Yes I did mean the TXL-F. Apparently sales declined in recent years, which is not unusual when any product matures. Marketeers watch for signs of the decline, in the product life cycle, so perhaps it was due for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    TXL have been discontinued for a while, TXL-F is what you probably wanted to refer to.

http://www.sageflyfish.com/fly-rods/...er/little-one/

Their website says 00, but the model number is 0, so probably a mistake on their side with the 00.

Sales on the #00 and #000 were not great. They are/were great rods though.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes I did mean the TXL-F. Apparently sales declined in recent years, which is not unusual when any product matures. Marketeers watch for signs of the decline, in the product life cycle, so perhaps it was due for a change.
    Why are you chaps discussing R10K rods? You'll upset the Little People. :smile:

don't you mean the "little trout"?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Why are you chaps discussing R10K rods? You'll upset the Little People. :smile:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I have held the little one, and it definatly is not as fast as the TXL . I know what they say in the blurb, but it might be the extra length that gives it that feel. Yes, I think it is closer to the ZXL feel, but until I can put a line and leader on it and give it some water, I cant really . I will be taking one out as soon as possible.
    Sounds good - will give one a squeeze when I'm around Frontier again. The 9'0 #2 Mod looks mighty juicy though - I will probably lean to that just from description between the 2.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Sounds good - will give one a squeeze when I'm around Frontier again. The 9'0 #2 Mod looks mighty juicy though - I will probably lean to that just from description between the 2.
    It's not made from that cheap "plastic" material called GRP, Mario. Proper Gen 5 Carbon, the right stuff. You wo'nt enjoy it:biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    It's not made from that cheap "plastic" material called GRP, Mario. Proper Gen 5 Carbon, the right stuff. You wo'nt enjoy it:biggrin:
    I'm actually busy with a little hybrid for myself. Carbon butt and 2 glass sections in the front. Not sure what the outcome will be but it's fun trying out new things, even if they don't end up working well.

The MOD is Konnetic, not G5 though.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Will you be making it or building it?......:biggrin: sorry
    I'm actually busy with a little hybrid for myself. Carbon butt and 2 glass sections in the front. Not sure what the outcome will be but it's fun trying out new things, even if they don't end up working well.

The MOD is Konnetic, not G5 though.

Will you be making it or building it?......:biggrin: sorry
    Many parts I will make, while some I will build/assemble. It is after all, a hybrid
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7