Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eyelash Yarn

Wiets Banned User

Default Eyelash Yarn

Has anybody ever tried Eyelash Yarn in fly tying? It's avaliable in a range of colours including
    some metallic ones and in 30 meter lengths. The sample as per photo was spun with 60%
    Polyester and 40% Metallic Lurex.

Perhaps it can be used like palmered hackle.

Last edited by Wiets; 28-06-07 at 03:49 AM.

Wiets

Where can one find this ? It looks pretty usefull - Palmer a bunch of that stuff onto a hook with dumbel eye's and you will have a pretty usefull bass\ saltwater fly.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Has anybody ever tried Eyelash Yarn in fly tying? It's avaliable in a range of colours including
    some metallic ones and in 30 meter lengths. The sample as per photo was spun with 60%

Hi Wiets,

I have tied up some streamers using this stuff in silver - bass love them ! You can create your own stuff like this in a wide range of colours, using Marc Petitjeans tools and techniques. The eyelash yarn is however a lot quicker.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    Wiets Where can one find this ? It looks pretty usefull - Palmer a bunch of that stuff onto a hook with dumbel eye's and you will have a pretty usefull bass\ saltwater fly. Cheers
    Hi Reinier

I found this on eBay - Eyslash Yarn - scroll down the page for the "Ice" variety as above.

Also have a look at this webpage and you will get an idea of all the available colours.

The cost seems to be in the region of 1.00 US$ per ball - it might make sense for a couple of us to team up and then buy.

hereline has this product

You could also just wrap it in touching turns and make leech style flys? You could make pretty good baitfish imatations too. Just wack some sticky exes on. Could be fun. If you going to oder a whole bunch lemme know.
    Last edited by FishWhisperer; 28-06-07 at 10:35 AM.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    hereline has this product
    The "PSEUDO HACKLE" product from Hareline is very similar to Organza - which is available in local material shops. It also requires work on the part of the tier in that cross fibres have to be cut and removed. In addition, the PSEUDO HACKLE at over 4.00 US$ for 2 meters - it is more like a ripp off! The Eyelash Yarn should cost about 1.00 US$ (excluding shipping) for 30 meters.

The TRI-LOBAL "KRYSTAL SYNTHETIC HACKLE" is nothing other than Eyelash Yarn repackaged and then sold at 10 times the price!
    Last edited by Wiets; 28-06-07 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post

Hi Wiets, talk of the Devil (not you!)!!! My daughter knits scarves using this stuff and I've experimented wrapping round like hackles and also using a few stretched lenthwise on top of the hook matuka-style - havnt yet fished with them or seen their action in the water as of yet

Cheers, Chris

Wiets Banned User

Is anybody interested in getting some of this stuff?

My daughter bought the stuff she gave me at Fiona's Fashions, 340, Oak Ave, Randburg. Tel 011 886 8545. The people there are a pretty miserable bunch, but there's a tremendous range of potential flytying stuff there including Eyelash Yarn. Wiets would fritter away his life savings there in one afternoon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.