Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Groot River - Mount Cedar

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Tell you what Kev, you organise the booze, I'll bring the Landy, Grant can bring his fishing "skills" and we'll make it a date!!!

Perhaps we should all meet eachother first......just in case we don't sorta get along!!!
    Andre,

Kev organising the booze means you gonna be drinking red juice - Kev likes to drink by colour What Landy you got ? If you a Landy driver you can't be half-bad

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Andre,

What Landy you got ? If you a Landy driver you can't be half-bad

Regards,
    Darryl
    I hate to even think what "red Juice" is.... As to my landy... I drive a "real" Landy, 2004 Double Cab Defender, Charcoal Grey!!!
    I take it you are a Landy man as well?
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

ha ha ha!

Drinks tomorrow evening then chaps? As for that masseuse... she still hasn't made me lasagne as promised Grant...

And now I'll get back on topic before this thread gets kicked...

DO you stay on the river itself? Is access restricted? Or can one just walk up it for as long as one likes?
    Last edited by KevinC; 21-11-06 at 03:59 PM. Reason: restricted does not have three "e" 's

Um, I do recall upturned faces when I brought the cane and rasberry juice out at the Richtersveld... but an hour later that bottle and the mix was finished...... the cane train- once you get on it, you cant get off...

Darryl doesnt drive a Landy, he drives a friggin house on wheels that happens to have a landy sticker on it...

Cane and Rasberry Juice!!! Sounds good!!! Hahahaha!! Us Natal boys grew up on that stuff ( although it was mixed with all manner of things, Coke, Fanta, Scweppes Granedilla to name a few....! ) Gets you nicely on your plonk!!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Cane and Rasberry Juice!!! Sounds good!!! Hahahaha!! Us Natal boys grew up on that stuff ( although it was mixed with all manner of things, Coke, Fanta, Scweppes Granedilla to name a few....! ) Gets you nicely on your plonk!!!
    Yep- nevermind cane and creme soda- alcohol and a hangover cure in one! Guys down here just dont appreciate the stuff... I think it's an east coast thing...

I hate to even think what "red Juice" is.... As to my landy... I drive a "real" Landy, 2004 Double Cab Defender, Charcoal Grey!!!
    I take it you are a Landy man as well?
    Yeah, also got a real Landy - a '98 Defender 110 Tdi - slow on the tar but fast on the dirt

Rgds,
    D
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    ha ha ha!

Drinks tomorrow evening then chaps? As for that masseuse... she still hasn't made me lasagne as promised Grant...

And now I'll get back on topic before this thread gets kicked...

DO you stay on the river itself? Is access restricted? Or can one just walk up it for as long as one likes?
    I think you can explore. If you read the report there are two big pools that can be float tubed. The pics on their website seem to show that the river is Groot (er.. ja) and I am sure we would be able to explore.

Red Juice?? I grew up on Yakka.

I am having lasagne for dinner tonight.

I see you guys are fast discovering all my secret spots

Mount Cedar is a fantastic spot guys. As the crow flies, it is about 12km from De Mond. It is situated upstream of De Mond. The Groot joins the Maatjies about 2km from De Mond, which in turn becomes the Doring.

They don't advertise it, but there is a basic camping facility at Mnt Cedar aswell. Here is a pic of Robin frolicking in the water. We had the place to ourselves.
    Attachment 143
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

another pic taken from the campsite across the river
    Attachment 144
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2