Thread: Snail Pattern

Default Snail Pattern

I searh the net and could not find any patterns that I had in my mind as the south african snail. Light in colour without a shell
    Any surgestions.
    I see Matuka has a snail pattern on his list as a best choice out of 25 and I was wondering how this looks

Jannie

I don't know about Matuka's pattern but Chris Shelton posted a thread where he shows his snail. It doesn't look like much like a snail in my opinion but read the whole thread and you will see how he fishes it and why it looks like it does. Makes a lot of sense and I am definitely going to try a couple

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...hp?t=34&page=3

Hope it helps
    Rob

Hi Jannie

Probably not what you are looking for, but this is a patterns that I have had in my box for a while now. Haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Babyson View Post
    I don't know about Matuka's pattern but Chris Shelton posted a thread where he shows his snail. It doesn't look like much like a snail in my opinion but read the whole thread and you will see how he fishes it and why it looks like it does. Makes a lot of sense and I am definitely going to try a couple

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...hp?t=34&page=3

Hope it helps
    Rob
    Good memory Rob. Thats where I remember the above fly from.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Thanks

I remember this busy,gras fly. Still looking for more

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Good memory Rob. Thats where I remember the above fly from.
    I actually read it about a week ago when someone commented on it. Really liked all the tips so bookmarked it. Now that I checked in was Glans that commented on it so guess my post was a little useless..sory

Rob