Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RAB - Step by Step

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Because it's tied so big that it won't fit in a fly box - you typically attach a leash to it and walk it next to you until you need it
    ha ha, classic!!!!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    you typically attach a leash to it and walk it next to you until you need it
    Wagter!!! Wagter!!!

The RAB originated as an attractor pattern, containing elements of the Royal Coachman and Hewitt's skater patterns.

Biggs wrote an article in an old Piscator (which Chris S has got) where he describes the design and origins of the fly.

I do not recall a Crane fly or Dobsonfly being mentioned. Any likeness here is purely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    The RAB originated as an attractor pattern, containing elements of the Royal Coachman and Hewitt's skater patterns.

Biggs wrote an article in an old Piscator (which Chris S has got) where he describes the design and origins of the fly.

I do not recall a Crane fly or Dobsonfly being mentioned. Any likeness here is purely coincidental.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=MeE...um=1&ct=result
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

hehe, yup, also go do a search on flyanglersonline for the Neversink Skater...
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    hehe, yup, also go do a search on flyanglersonline for the Neversink Skater...
    That thing you gave me on the Bok????? Yikes!!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That's the one, hehe ! See, it was scary enough to make a lasting impression
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    That's the one, hehe ! See, it was scary enough to make a lasting impression
    Can you blame me???
    Mario Geldenhuys

What is a "poodle" RAB?

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    What is a "poodle" RAB?
    A poodle RAB does not fit into any known fly box! You attach a strong dog leash to it and walk it next to you until needed.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast