Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Really good baitfish imitations

Default Really good baitfish imitations

I am looking for a really convincing baitfish imitation for fly-shy fish. Do any of you have any good ones to share with the rest of us?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Paradoxical, Chris.

I have a great bread imitation, you can tie it in brown or white, I haven’t figured out how to do it in whole-wheat yet…
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Glass beads should do the trick Mike?
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Paradoxical, Chris.

I have a great bread imitation, you can tie it in brown or white, I haven’t figured out how to do it in whole-wheat yet…
    You misunderstood. What I meant is an imitation of a baitfish. Bread couldnt be further from it
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Maybe you both can settle the argument by agreeing on a marshmallow fish they bring out at Eastertime as a compromise

doesnt sound like you are having much success chris,seems like the guys arent keen on giving out there secret patterns....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    doesnt sound like you are having much success chris,seems like the guys arent keen on giving out there secret patterns....
    I think the guys are just being hardegat, because we have stopped sharing our secrets

I like Chris's idea of the marshmallow fish though. Pity they dont come wrapped in multi coloured tin foil anymore.

chris,my personal opinion is that the silicone fly is the answer.we just need to shape it(for movement)properly and get the colours right.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    chris,my personal opinion is that the silicone fly is the answer.we just need to shape it(for movement)properly and get the colours right.
    Well, it proved itself again yesterday, so I do believe you are right. I think we need to refine it a bit more though...there are still too many fish turning away at the last moment, after following the fly in

Attachment 410 I hope that this is what you are looking for Chris?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast