Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rod Art

Default Rod Art

Hi Guys,
    Just some pics of what i have been busy with the past few weeks. This is a scrim of my favorite fish on one of my favorite rods , Thomas & Thomas 12wt and a Tarpon of course.

AWESOME!

But the pics doesn't do it justice, the 1st pic almost looks like a tarpon taking something on a TREBLE HOOK! But I doubt that is what it is

Hey Ricko!

Saw the rod in the shop the other day. It looks sick!! Really cool. Good job!

Btw Ricko, looks great! Wish you had done that when I bought my rhytm! Would have loved it on my rod
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Thanks guys

Hi Ricko
    How did you get that fish detail to be made so small and so clear? Looks stunning.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Wow masterful work by the Rod Master what a awe inspiring piece of art
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi Ricko
    How did you get that fish detail to be made so small and so clear? Looks stunning.
    Done by hand Rols - just goes to show you how wonderful it actually is!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Wow Ricko! Excellent work!! I was told you were good!!! This is visible proof!!

Cheers

Moreno
    www.mbrods.it

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi Ricko
    It is called scrimshaw , first of i use a mother of a magnifying glass to have a proper look at the blank while doing the stippling ( scrim) The art work : i re-drawn a picture i found , minimize it to fit the blank , unfortunately the detail disappear in minimizing it , but this is where the ART part should step in and make it work.

thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast