Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jewellery for men

Default Jewellery for men

We all love our prized bits and pieces of tackle, the one's that we have saved long and hard for. Here's the chance to talk about it guys, without coming across like we are boasting............lets call it ....um.........enlightening the rest of the guys! Come on guys, we all love to talk about it, so let's hear about your most prized flyfishing possessions

Hehehe - I get ripped for this big time, but I have to talk about my spandex armourfit shirt that keeps me cool on those blisteringly hot days.

It's the same thing that the cricketers and rugby players now wear under their team shirts and it keeps me so comfortable.

It needs a wash though!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Hehehe - I get ripped for this big time, but I have to talk about my spandex armourfit shirt that keeps me cool on those blisteringly hot days.

It's the same thing that the cricketers and rugby players now wear under their team shirts and it keeps me so comfortable.

It needs a wash though!
    Aha....I think this could easily be the subject of a whole new thread, gearing up comfortably for fishing. As much as I love my thermals and breathable clothing for the streams, I wouldn't quite say they are my most prized possessions though! Sis on you Grant!

When my wife and I got engaged, I bought her a really nice ring. While she was still going through the "Magpie" stage of checking it out every 2 seconds and showing it off to all and sundry, I dropped the guilt trip. "Shame, what about me ?, what do I get ?" I asked. "Anything you like, love" she replied, only half listening.

Cool, thats all it took. Ordered my Sage TCR 5wt and an Abel Super 5.

Let me tell you, there's nothing better than spending nearly R10k on fishing gear and not hearing one single solitary comment from the SWAMBO about it, apart for that it looked really nice. No guilt trip, no admin, no nothing.

And I got to walk through the front door with it.

Its all in the timing boys !

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    When my wife and I got engaged, I bought her a really nice ring. While she was still going through the "Magpie" stage of checking it out every 2 seconds and showing it off to all and sundry, I dropped the guilt trip. "Shame, what about me ?, what do I get ?" I asked. "Anything you like, love" she replied, only half listening.

Cool, thats all it took. Ordered my Sage TCR 5wt and an Abel Super 5.

Let me tell you, there's nothing better than spending nearly R10k on fishing gear and not hearing one single solitary comment from the SWAMBO about it, apart for that it looked really nice. No guilt trip, no admin, no nothing.

And I got to walk through the front door with it.

Its all in the timing boys !
    Shaun, I agree with the timing issue, however is'nt it a bit extreme to have to buy a "sparkler" evrytime you need to indulge yourself hehe
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Shaun, I agree with the timing issue, however is'nt it a bit extreme to have to buy a "sparkler" evrytime you need to indulge yourself hehe
    Nah Herman, thats not it mate. Its more a case of when you HAVE to buy something sparkley from your lady, make sure you milk the situation for all its worth.

Normally though, the stuff just stays in the bakkie until a day I get home from work before her !

Guess it is a case of, what's good for the goose is good for the gander

Nah Herman, thats not it mate. Its more a case of when you HAVE to buy something sparkley from your lady, make sure you milk the situation for all its worth.

Normally though, the stuff just stays in the bakkie until a day I get home from work before her !
    hehe, I can relate with that fully!

He he he, I like a man who has his priorities right
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Here is my special find. I was lazily breezing around some bookshops in Long Str, Cape Town one day and on my one from one to another, something caught my eye in the window of an antique dealer. It was a reel, but not just any old reel, it was a pre war, Hardy Perfect 3"3/8, with a ribbed brass foot. It was standing on its original cardboard box, displaying the emblem of his emperial majesty. I simply had to have it. After parting with what was a huge sum of money for a low paid apprentice at the time, I took possession of this rare find. Since then I acquired the bigger brother of that reel, with agate line guide, the works, and various greenheart and split cane rods, but that little 3"3/8 still remains to this day my most treasured possession.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast