Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakensvlei reprt back

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    Lakies is a magic place for me to! Here is a pic from the main inlet.
    Nice photos from you and Roland. I don't remember seeing it this low in years. The dam is full at the moment, about 95%, the trees in your pic are now just twigs sticking out of the water. It looks awesome at the moment, I will dig out some recent photos.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderw View Post
    Hello,

I will be in that area around August for my honeymoon and has managed to negotiate a day off to do some fishing. Would you guys recommend river fishing (If allowed during winter) or Lakensvlei?

Lokking forward to seeing some pictures.
    Stick to ***** creek nymphing
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

On Dad!!!!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    but in the meantime, I drift boated there with Kevin Cox the other day, and we had a good day, so with the onset of winter, there may be some good stories to tell.
    Well Andre, why dont you start us off. Tell us what flies worked and what retrieves, maybe even what depth and in which areas. Would be much appreciated!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Hi guys.

Whats the topography of the dam like. Is there a steady drop to the deepest point or is it shallow and then a sudden drop off. And how deep is the deepest point when the dam is at 100%

Thank Guys
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Here are some pics from march 2008, fishing was ok. Surface water temp a constant 19 degrees. Made the bigger fish a little bit scarce.....

The stockies are fat little rugby balls, phenomenal growth rate....

This is the fastest driftboat on lakies....

Rafting up for lunch

Had amazing experience watching two otters feeding. They became very relaxed with my presence and came very close to me..... One caught a crab, rolled over on its back and ate it..... Here are some pics

The Matts tying.....
    Last edited by nkula_nkula; 25-04-08 at 05:43 PM.
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Nobody can mess with Maddy and myself on a drift boat when the wind is blowing we are the kings
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    This is the fastest driftboat on lakies....
    Were not so fast into the wind, but DOWNWIND! We cant be stopped!!!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Well Andre, why dont you start us off. Tell us what flies worked and what retrieves, maybe even what depth and in which areas. Would be much appreciated!
    Naturals, deep, slow retrieve.......now I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Naturals, deep, slow retrieve.......now I'm dead
    Fritz, double hand strip along the surface it is!

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast