Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Bass flies

my concern is that the one u talking about has a trailing hoof and the bodys probly soft,so when the fish bites it the body compresses and allows the front hook to penetrate(the frogs i posted do this)now if its a hard body then surely the hook up cant be good cos the hook point isnt standing proud enough...
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Shammers, this is like discussing Ferrari on a Lamborghini website. Sies man... Lures and baitcasters - Skaam jou
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Shammers, this is like discussing Ferrari on a Lamborghini website. Sies man... Lures and baitcasters - Skaam jou
    Werner plse explain why anyone should be ashamed of being a bass fisherman with conventional bass gear?, you think flyfishing is superior to any other form of fishing?

Stephen remember we're talking spesifically LM bass here, I'm sure for other species of fish the hookup won't be great, but with Lm taking the whole fly in it's mouth, the moment it closes the hook pushes up and without any obstruction into the lip, I think the hookup might even be better than on some normal baitfish imitations where a big part of the gape is closed with materials, deerhair heads come to mind. But as I said only time and testing will tell will keep you updated

im with u ollie.....you do still even miss fish with those plastic frogs....let us know how u go.....i might even tie them onto the end of my fly line if i get desperate.... (please dont ban me from flytalk)
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    im with u ollie.....you do still even miss fish with those plastic frogs....let us know how u go.....i might even tie them onto the end of my fly line if i get desperate.... (please dont ban me from flytalk)
    Cool will let you know, and if you ever do get that desperate let me know..I might even send you one

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Vern.....you will becake yourself when you check all my bass kit...yes, baitcasters and trigger sticks...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6