Thread: Redington agents in SA?

Default Redington agents in SA?

Anyone know who the agents for Redington in SA are,and which retailers stock their rods,reels etc?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Upstream in Cape Town used to, dont know if they still stock it though.

Stanton is correct, Upstream still have some Redington stock at discounted prices.
    Jandi is the new agents.
    On that note, who is the Vision agents in SA?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I actually saw a redington reel at solly's few weeks back. So they can probably help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    I actually saw a redington reel at solly's few weeks back. So they can probably help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Hi.

I bought a Redington Voyant rod and Rise reel from John Yelland at upstream. They are selling older stock at almost half price as they are not the suppliers anymore. Solly's if I remember correctly are selling even older stock, yes still brand new, as the reel I could get from them was the forerunner of the rise reel. Jandi is now the official importer and selling it through the same channels as the Xplorer stock, so if your dealer is selling xplorer stock he or she can most likely order Redington also. Not all Redington goods are imported just check first what they are importing.
    But be warned....I fell and damaged my gloss finish on my Voyant and contacted Jandi. Depending on how many goods they send back to Redington you can expect to pay between $25-50 postage to their and $50 back. And this can take between 3-6 months depending..... I gave my rod to E.T. to fix it......cheaper and easier.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Hi.

I bought a Redington Voyant rod and Rise reel from John Yelland at upstream. They are selling older stock at almost half price as they are not the suppliers anymore. Solly's if I remember correctly are selling even older stock, yes still brand new, as the reel I could get from them was the forerunner of the rise reel. Jandi is now the official importer and selling it through the same channels as the Xplorer stock, so if your dealer is selling xplorer stock he or she can most likely order Redington also. Not all Redington goods are imported just check first what they are importing.
    But be warned....I fell and damaged my gloss finish on my Voyant and contacted Jandi. Depending on how many goods they send back to Redington you can expect to pay between $25-50 postage to their and $50 back. And this can take between 3-6 months depending..... I gave my rod to E.T. to fix it......cheaper and easier.
    I've sent my Redington's back to the US directly. Twice. Was $50 each time and they sent me a new rod all within 2 weeks. No need to deal with local markup adders, um, distributors...
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I've sent my Redington's back to the US directly. Twice. Was $50 each time and they sent me a new rod all within 2 weeks. No need to deal with local markup adders, um, distributors...
    Thanks GrahamS.

I send Redington an email and a lady told me that I had to send it via the local supplier???
    Next time I will contact you, if you don't mind.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

I know that morries from the flybox in bloem also sells redington.(082) 5602889 nice guy! Knows hes stuff and always willing to help!!!

Check out new shop also if you are looking for redington goods: http://www.flyspot.co.za/
    Dirk Human