PDA

View Full Version : 10/12wt Reel Help Wanted

Ko7Ad
07-12-11, 08:00 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a new saltwater reel as mine is not up to standard. if anyone has one laying around in the 10/12wt range please drop me a PM.

Otherwise please assist in choosing a new one.. my budget is R4000 :( and that includes backing and a new airflo depthfinder or Sci Anglers Ufudu Wet Cell Sinking (help with choosing there too?)

So my options so far has been either get Stealh GT with everything I need or get a Shilton CL7 or Galvan Rush and save for new backing and line :(

I have had no experiance in using any of these reels or lines so your help and opinions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Konrad

Bryan
07-12-11, 10:23 AM
Konrad, I know the Mias up here had the 10/12 Stealth GT going for around R1300 on their bargain table. They may post it to you if you ask.

Ko7Ad
07-12-11, 10:59 AM
Thanks Bryan!

which shop had it? I see there are a few up there..

Bryan
07-12-11, 11:16 AM
The one in Benoni has one I believe and they were the ones who gave me the price of R1300 but there are a few in Woodmead too that were also makred down but not sure of the final price.

Key here is too bargain as hard as possible ;)

Ko7Ad
07-12-11, 12:38 PM
Thanks again Bryan. Sorted out should have them tommorow! bought two since its still cheaper to buy the whole reel than buying a spare spool here. hahaha

Bryan
07-12-11, 01:37 PM
Good stuff! :)

And those reels are discontinued so you would probably struggle to get a spare spool anyhow.