PDA

View Full Version : Wanted : Rotating Head Fly Tying Vise

bulkcarrier
26-02-16, 10:38 AM
If somebody have an extra one that's rusting/gathering dust in a box please let me know what you want.

I have the cheapest beginner vise and it's driving me insane with everything being in the way the whole time.

My big fat fingers aren't made to twist like that.

Started tying again and really enjoying it.

Bryan
26-02-16, 11:40 AM
Look at the Danvise. It is very reasonably priced and great quality. I thiink they go for around R600 (or used to) and are brought in by Stealth

bulkcarrier
26-02-16, 01:51 PM
Maybe know who might be selling the danvice so I can get a price.

Tried to find an online seller to find the current price and couldn't get anyone.

Bryan
29-02-16, 10:15 AM
Call Stealth and find your nearest distributor: +27 11 791 2635

Andre
29-02-16, 10:55 AM
Im going to be selling my Renzetti P2000 soon,

DJR
29-02-16, 01:15 PM
Andre, I predict that sooner or later you are going to regret selling it.:wink:

bulkcarrier
29-02-16, 01:44 PM

Let me know when you decide. Looked at the "J" but that is above my budget for the amount of fly tying I do.

Andre
29-02-16, 03:43 PM
Probably, but I have a few good vises, and I tie so seldom nowadays. I find myslf always going back to the old Regal vise.
Andre, I predict that sooner or later you are going to regret selling it.:wink:

dollar
29-02-16, 03:52 PM
i have a griffin mongoose, i'ts not the best in the pricing department and was gonna suggest it until i saw the price on ebay, i got it as a present five years ago and love it even more now :(.

BenzoV
02-03-16, 09:44 PM
Maybe know who might be selling the danvice so I can get a price.

Tried to find an online seller to find the current price and couldn't get anyone.

I got mine at Ganis. I suppose it's decent for the price, but it is kinda compact. If you are complaining of space around your fingers, it may not be a perfect fit for you.

If you do get one, just don't let them talk you into getting the base plate that is sold separately. That is the most expensive piece of metal plate with a hole in it ever sold, and it doesn't even work properly with the vise. I took at back as soon as I passed Witbank again and spent the cash on something more useful.

occie
03-03-16, 12:48 PM
Ordered a Danvice today from Ganis.
R899.

Andre
03-03-16, 01:02 PM
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2016-New-Arrival-Fly-Tying-Tools_60368198142.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.56.mLw hpz

When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"? I imported a reel recently for 11 Dollars. The transport was 14 Dollars, and its a nice reel. Can probably do the same for boots, tying vise etc. The attached vise, is just one of many that are available at a price that really isn't a bank breaker.

smallstreams.co.za
03-03-16, 01:42 PM
When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"?

I'm 50/50 on this. In a way, yes, I agree (wrt pricing). We are paying a LOT for items that are bought at very low cost on the east and "rebranded" and sold at a huge increase in price. But, that is the way business works I guess.

What I don't agree with, is that we don't need dealers at all. I have quite a few instances when items arriving from the east have been sub-standard, not as advertised/offered, or just plain been taken for a ride. Dealers do give you a LOT of peace of mind, and brick-and-mortar shops will always be something we need.

BenzoV
03-03-16, 01:48 PM
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2016-New-Arrival-Fly-Tying-Tools_60368198142.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.56.mLw hpz

When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"? I imported a reel recently for 11 Dollars. The transport was 14 Dollars, and its a nice reel. Can probably do the same for boots, tying vise etc. The attached vise, is just one of many that are available at a price that really isn't a bank breaker.

I cant speak for others, but what stops me everytime is just not knowing... Who is this guy/company, can I trust him, will he hack into my bank account and steal all the money that isn't there, will I get something after I paid for it?
Where and how do you buy André? Alibaba? And what is the general process for a regular oke like me?

dollar
03-03-16, 02:05 PM
you got me thinking BenzoV, how about opening an account for such purchases, having only a certain amount of money just in case the account gets hack. btw i feel your symptoms too:encouragement:

smallstreams.co.za
03-03-16, 02:16 PM
you got me thinking BenzoV, how about opening an account for such purchases, having only a certain amount of money just in case the account gets hack. btw i feel your symptoms too:encouragement:

99% of distributors/agents and manufacturers I have ordered from accept PayPal.

smallstreams.co.za
03-03-16, 02:17 PM
Where and how do you buy André? Alibaba? And what is the general process for a regular oke like me?

Check www.aliexpress.com - works like most normal online shopping experiences.

BenzoV
03-03-16, 02:18 PM
Maybe make it an Absa account for an early automatic expiration date :rolleyes::biggrin:

dollar
03-03-16, 02:30 PM
yep, a barclays (like kodak) moment

bulkcarrier
03-03-16, 04:28 PM
Check www.aliexpress.com - works like most normal online shopping experiences.

yep. better to buy from aliexpress. they are the frontend shop to alibaba. And they accept paypal.

Only problem is they take very long if you choose the cheapest shipping. I have had money refunded by paypal
after 3 months for the stuff to then rock up. Was when we had the whole Post Office problems.

smallstreams.co.za
03-03-16, 05:46 PM
Only problem is they take very long if you choose the cheapest shipping. Was when we had the whole Post Office problems.

That was not the fault of the seller. Our local guys mess it up.

Working via an agent is the absolute best method. Pay the 10-15% fee and get your stuff without issues. Even MOQs disappear to a certain degree.

Gerrit Viljoen
03-03-16, 06:28 PM
When I buy from China I pay with Paypal and ship with DHL. I tell them to write on the parcel "Duty Paid" and then get my parcel in 2-3 working days.