PDA

View Full Version : Website Suggestions

mikeh
25-09-06, 04:02 PM
Pierre
I may be jumping the gun on this one. I found the tide table with moon phases in the old site very useful and it would be great to have it back. The other issue is a question. I have noticed that there is no logout button on the home page as here in the forum, do we have to or does this happen automatically when we close the screen?

Pierre
25-09-06, 05:06 PM
Hi Mike, the tide table and moon phases will go up soon. You can logout by clicking on the logout link in the header just under member info. You can also just close the window as that will terminate the session.

Regards
Pierre

mikeh
26-09-06, 04:27 PM
Thanks Pierre.

Chris Shelton
28-09-06, 06:43 AM
Hi Pierre

So far the site is great. I particularly like the new gallery section and also the fact that we can attach photos to our postings and catch returns. It is great to be able to share our experiences with each other in this way.

My only crit is that I would prefer to have a link to redirect me back to the home page after I have browsed the forum. Perhaps I am missing something?

Thanks again for a truly great site.

Pierre
28-09-06, 11:07 AM
Hi Chris

Thanks allot. I am busy with a template for the forum to fit in with the look and feel of the website. Just getting my head around its workings. The header will include a link back to the homepage.

Regards

Pierre
28-09-06, 08:51 PM
Hi Chris

The change to the forum is just a quick fix for now. You can find a link back to the homepage in the top right of the header

MaXiMuM
29-09-06, 05:23 PM
Pierre, I like the crumbs, but could you also put them under the last post?? or down here somewhere??

Chris Shelton
02-10-06, 05:25 PM
Thanks Pierre, the link is much more user friendly for me now :)

Bokoms
03-11-06, 08:36 PM
Hi Pierre

Why is it that some times when I post a reply/ quick reply, the system comes back and tell me that I'm not logged and need to log in first, although on top it shows that I'm logged in allready:confused: something I'm not getting or is it a glitch on the site?

Pierre
04-11-06, 11:45 AM
Hi Pierre

Why is it that some times when I post a reply/ quick reply, the system comes back and tell me that I'm not logged and need to log in first, although on top it shows that I'm logged in allready:confused: something I'm not getting or is it a glitch on the site?

Hi, this is rather strange is anybody else experiencing the same problem ?. It could be that your session time out ? Do you leave it idle for some time before posting ?

MaXiMuM
04-11-06, 11:51 AM
I have had this on other sites, I cleared my cash and cookies and it sorted it self out. But, if you are going to do this I find that you should do it on the "about:blank" page.

Mayfly
05-11-06, 12:11 PM
Hi Pierre

Pierre, I had the same thing when I started on this site but noticed you had to log onto the site first and then log into the forum too. :confused: Hence a double log in if you haven't selected the "remember password" for the forum log in.

phly
05-11-06, 01:51 PM
Hi Pierre,

There used to be an organisation called "linecasters" whose aim was to catch as many different species on fly as possible. I've been doing this for the last year and have so far managed 31 species, both fresh water and saltwater.

The possibilities are endless and we in South Africa are blessed with warm water and coldwater and many different fish that will take flies readily.

I think it would be a good idea for people to have their own species list and be able to share how they caught what they caught and where they did etc. This would help broaden fly fishing even more.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea for the website?

In my case, i live nearer to the coast and some warm freshwater dams than to the midlands. I am also on a student budget which limits petrol money etc. I have to find other, more affordable ways to satisfy my fly fishing addiction. The possibilities are endless though. I enjoy trout fishing and it's how i learnt to fly fish many years ago but i only find myself going for them a few times a year now.

It also boosts your individual skills and adaptability as a fly fisherman w.r.t learning more about fish behaviour, river systems and other environments which differ quite dramatically from trout water areas. You can really "match the hatch" with all sorts of fish.

Anyone keen?

Bokoms
05-11-06, 09:24 PM
Hi, this is rather strange is anybody else experiencing the same problem ?. It could be that your session time out ? Do you leave it idle for some time before posting ?

Hi Pierre

That might be just it, will pay attention to it..As soon as I enter the Forum pages, I do log in, but what I did notice was that I do a lot of Forum "hopping" and then do some postings, alternating between my post/quick reply and the previous posts from the other guys just to keep on track/ subject matter by using the "back" button (on top) to visit previous page, might this cuase all the confusion, as with some of the internet banking pages, where they ask you "nicely" not to use this procedure but to click on the back button on the bottom of the page?:confused:

MaXiMuM
05-11-06, 09:31 PM
That could very well do it, I always try to use crumbs, links or buttons on web site that require me to log in, especially the ones that have encryption...

Bokoms
05-11-06, 09:37 PM
Yup! I think the problem lays with the session time out (please explain how to by pass this) , it just happened with the reply above, again..., only when I logged in, again.., the reply was posted.

MaXiMuM
05-11-06, 09:41 PM
Have you got the "remember Me" option flagged?? I have had this issue, and it was corrected when I flagged it??

Bokoms
05-11-06, 09:47 PM
No the remember me is not flagged, will try it, thanx.

ps. How do I edit this post above, tried it twice..nooo luck, must be doing something wrong somewhere....

Bokoms
05-11-06, 09:53 PM
Ok please disregard the ps. seems to me I did get the editing right this time round.

Clintfly
13-02-07, 11:18 AM
Hi Pierre...
When entering a forum from the home page, you can immediatly see if there are new posts as the headings are highlighted where you havent been into yet. This is great! Is there any way you can apply this to the "Forums home" aswell? Or must I keep on checking the date of the last post?
Cheers,

Clint