PDA

View Full Version : Senior Nationals 2017 Western Cape

FlyCraft
05-05-17, 10:19 AM
Attached are the scores. Seems like it has been tough - low water, temperatures etc. Would like to get some feedback from those who took part.

Korrie
05-05-17, 10:32 AM
this was one of the toughest Nationals I fished.
the rivers where really difficult, with few fish and the fish ultra spooky.
Lakenvlei was just GRUMPY, with fish few and far between.
The rivers, did produce a couple of blanks, but not without giving the anglers a chance.
Even the blank sessions had a fish on or snapped off.

Lakensvlei, well that was another story.
With hindsight, a small change in tactics, might have brought a fish to the net for those that did blank a session or both. :(

Korrie
05-05-17, 10:34 AM
What was really great to see, is the amount of youngsters that are coming thru the system.

Korrie
05-05-17, 11:40 AM
If we can have more of this type of competitions, we will see how the quality of competitive angling amongst our fly fishers improve.
We are exposed to these tough conditions probably once every 4 or 5 years, where in Europe they fish tough conditions a couple of times a year.

MattGeri
09-05-17, 12:48 PM
I'm curious as to how someone would participate in the nationals? Is there a qualifying process or just a simple registration?

Sounds like something I'd love to participate in one day :)

Korrie
09-05-17, 01:06 PM
I'm curious as to how someone would participate in the nationals? Is there a qualifying process or just a simple registration?

Sounds like something I'd love to participate in one day :)

hi
Why don't you join WP, it is lots of fun and you learn a lot.
A small annual membership fee is all it takes.
We have still water and river comps, where information is freely exchanged.

MattGeri
09-05-17, 01:25 PM
hi
Why don't you join WP, it is lots of fun and you learn a lot.
A small annual membership fee is all it takes.
We have still water and river comps, where information is freely exchanged.

Sounds great! Will join for sure.

Just did a Google and found the website (http://wpffa.co.za/). Never even knew this existed :)

Korrie
09-05-17, 02:07 PM
The good part about competitive fishing is that what will normally take you 5 to 10 years to learn on your own, will now probably take a year or 2. and you keep on learning.

MattGeri
09-05-17, 08:49 PM
Just joined! Looking forward to the learning and maybe one day competing :cool-new: