PDA

View Full Version : WP Holsloot update

noel
22-09-07, 09:07 PM
Hi all

I spend most of today fishing on beat three of the Holsloot. The fishing was pretty hard as I only saw about 7 or 8 rises on the whole beat. Managed to land two good size fish of about 600-700g and another of about 400g.
The river was pleasant and not too strong. what amazes me about this river is its clarity! Its definantly the cleanest river I have ever fished. It also rates as one of the most beatifull mountian stream settings as well. Stunning place.
Cosidering that beat 3 is about 1,5 kilometers the fishing was a bit quiet, the weather was also getting nasty with an appoaching cold front so that also made the fishing tougher, still had a blast though.
Did anyone fish any WC streams today?
How did it go - would love to hear whats happening on the Elands pad, last i heard it was very quiet on the river - hope its picked up:)

fdavis
22-09-07, 10:51 PM
Fished EP3 on fri - had a cracker (24 fish) and then The Witte 5 and 6 today - came away with 2 fish. Flip it was windy, cold and the cold front helped nothing. Character building fishing...

ebf
25-09-07, 07:41 AM
howzit Fred, you like long walks huh !?!

cold, windy and pre-frontal pretty much summed up SB5 on Sat as well. saw a couple of rises, but the water is still very fast, and the fish are not holding in the usual places...

Rendier
25-09-07, 10:32 AM
SB4&5 yesterday. Very quiet. Missed a couple on dries. Landed one and lost 2(tangled around my legs). Walked SB5 with Cammo. Francois caught a nice 35+cm fish at Murky Pool. Cammo lost a couple as well, but landed one right at the end of the beat.

bossi
27-09-07, 01:33 PM
Fished EP3 on fri - had a cracker (24 fish) and then The Witte 5 and 6 today - came away with 2 fish. Flip it was windy, cold and the cold front helped nothing. Character building fishing...

Hi Fred

I see you had a leka time on EP3?:)

What was the most favoured flies which you used on EP3?

And also on the Witte?

I got a nice fish on the Witte at the end of last season on a #16 tan bodied ginger hackled parachute adams.:D :D :D

Laters