PDA

View Full Version : Mornington Crescent

Lardbeast
14-10-07, 11:38 AM
Anyone for a game?

I'll start with a Reversing Escalator Sidestep, as first seen at the Krakow Confluence in 1938. With a low residual line velocity and the wind from the South East, that should get us as far as

Putney Bridge

gkieser
14-10-07, 05:07 PM
Strange opening gambit that one but I see where you're going with this.

I'll follow on the radian to sprout a new extrusion - Wimbledon!

;)

nicholas
14-10-07, 06:33 PM
The end of the line, so i shall make a northern movement back passed your opening gambit of putney bridge and take the unpleasant part of the chicken the new vicar does not like.

parsons green

Lardbeast
14-10-07, 06:39 PM
Cunning, Mr Kieser. One's edition of Cribbits' Notation has the early variant of that particular move. No doubt, the reference to cannibalism is no longer valid, although the penguin and the fire extinguisher still play an integral part. One well remembers the chaos at the 1978 Rejkjavik Synod when the penguin got out and Cadwallader was caught using fresh lettuce for the underarm sandwich toss.

Bold move, Mr Nicholas. One has not seen such daring with a chicken ere these many years...

Nevertheless with the current rotational cycle in it's present quadrant, we shall continue with a Reverse Trapezoid Shuffle to

Heron Quays

Edited for mong spillung.

gkieser
14-10-07, 07:01 PM
Nicholas that was a masterstroke and I must say that you had me in a pickle for a while there.

Lardbeast, I am somewhat unimpressed by your latest offering though. As superb as Nicholas' move was, it did open him up to the hungarian goose pentambular made popular when used to reach the source in only 5 moves on that famous day in '91 (I am sure you remember). Your hesitance to use such a bold stroke has shown me the way to beat you! Time shall tell and I am of course going to have to change my strategy SLIGHTLY!

A current sub-geordian slip coupled with a mongolian reverter has found me at Baron's Court, very close to "You Know What"! Still a way to go before I am willing to take the plunge though!

nicholas
14-10-07, 07:04 PM
The reverse trapezoid shuffle,the Dr will be inpressed with your transportation technique a similiar move was tried at the 1995 MCWC and was only allowed under the now infamous "Finsbury ruling" i disagreed at the time but now understand the reasoning.
A mad change of tack some would say but i leave you with problem of

King George v

a double entry overlap,i will match your BARONS COURT with a side stroke reverse to chiswick park

Lardbeast
14-10-07, 07:10 PM
Of course, the obvious counter move would be all too easy, thus one will play a Tangential Obloid Reversal to

Pimlico

...leaving Mr Nicholas neatly in spoon with no option of knid.

nicholas
14-10-07, 07:24 PM
A great move but Rushdons rule allows me to counter the spoon and reverse the knid with a move to

Edgeware

gkieser
14-10-07, 07:24 PM
Double entry overlap? I see you were moving out of turn and would like to request from other players that we award you with Neptune's Penalty, keeping you on overland routes for two turns, one of which can be on a bus.

Now where was I? Ah yes. Take a "Dave's obtuse panda flop" to the face!!!! Ladbroke Grove thank you very much!

nicholas
14-10-07, 07:35 PM
The neptune rule only applies when the time taken for a responce is deemed to have been to long there was no objections at the time so i feel that i can move back under ground to Hammersmith.

nicholas
14-10-07, 07:51 PM
I am making A formal objection Mr Lardbeast has not responded in a resonable amount of time and invoke neptunes ruling and invite Gkieser to make the next move.

gkieser
14-10-07, 08:00 PM
I agree with that! I say we continue without him till he returns.

I have to say that your last move to hammersmith is so open ended and have had to think this through very carefully. The game is starting to take shape now and i see many iambic triangles taking form. Things are gonna get rough for a while so I am invoking the rite of Paolo the australian and hanging on the fringes for a while.

uxbridge

nicholas
14-10-07, 08:11 PM
I like to play an open game so newcomers can keep up..i think the paolo will help,i am going to go a kipling run and offer you the easier option of burn't oak where time stands stastionary until the australians hands are free again

gkieser
14-10-07, 08:35 PM
FWOAR!!! Dude you have no idea how long it's taken for me to find that one. Good one!

Seems like I've got a bit of wind in my sails again, but with "Redham vs The people, '76" in mind, I'll take the cautious approach and stay well away from the river for now.

Seven Sisters

nicholas
14-10-07, 08:49 PM
The seven sisters is an approach that Redham vs the people 76 tried to avoid but the safety clause of Rushdon vs people in 77 allows me to move to island gardensuntil tommorow.

Lardbeast
14-10-07, 11:18 PM
Playing contiguous points in the lateral cycle with a line velocity below 23% Nv will raise eyebrows in some of the more genteel circles, but Curdwiddler's historic bout against Schirovsky at the 1969 Helsinki Conference has made the play more acceptable under modern rule sets. No doubt further modifications to the formulae will follow, but for now the Broken Turnstile Ruleset is in effect and a return to knid may be enforced unless the Dollis Hill loop is bypassed in three, thus

Swiss Cottage

gkieser
15-10-07, 12:25 AM
Timing for the Dollis hill loop could never be better as alternatives can now be reached without entering the circle line. It'll have to be an Ongar Denial and we are therefore in strick. My move is to St John's Wood and now I am positioned perfectly to administer Wheeler's Vortex on Fincheley road, forcing you to enter the circle line or face me at st james wood!

'ave it!!

Lardbeast
15-10-07, 08:21 AM
Bold Move, sir! One applauds you. Such daring, risking the cucumber sandwiches on a single flick of the signals with no regard for the cress dressing. No doubt, the accordian player found the going difficult in the last four stops, but quality will prevail. Herrick Reverse Shuffle to the Hammersmith & City Line for

Royal Oak

nicholas
15-10-07, 01:15 PM
The grandmaster Tropov tried a similiar move in the MCEGC back in 81 he went a slightly different route with an oblique circle osmoses and landed two stops down from your present position,i am going to call your herrick reverse and change into a forward herrick to hit

kings cross

Lardbeast
15-10-07, 02:39 PM
Interesting.... Goatthrill tried something similar in Havana in the early '20s, but was ousted from play by a superb Victoria Line Triple Cross resulting in the death of three spectators who were hit with the kipper. For the nonce, one will forgo the Triple Cross Gambit, instead playing a simple Fotheringill Guzunder using the extra precession available as a result of the high line velocities. Thus, we progress to

Finchley Road & Frognal

nicholas
15-10-07, 03:42 PM
Fantastic move the simple fotheringill guzunder,i am now trapped with only a biggin hill flop left in my arseanal i call

ALDGATE

ShaunF
15-10-07, 03:47 PM
This thread is evidence of the dangers of TIK. :eek: :confused: :confused:

chris williams
15-10-07, 03:49 PM
Beware the faceless infiltrator in your midst - Victoria Line was only up and running in 1970. Unless the spy has hijacked the Tardis and gone back in time? I understand there is a Tardis launching site at the 'Reggae Fish an' Chip' shop 37 paces NNE of the Brixton Station urinal entrance?
Victoria Line is also closed till next month undergoing repairs from some engineering works, which methinks is an upgrading of the this launching site to incorporate all your new moves, passes and quicksteps

Challenge this evil with your Level Seven moves - if you dare!

Yours in spacetime,

The Entity Only Known As:

Assistant Adjudicator, Chief Ticket Wetter and The Right Hon. Minister for Accurate Weeing and Toilet Training (MA Oxon),
Brixton Station (Victoria Line)

'You Tube, me station'

ebf
15-10-07, 03:53 PM
This thread is evidence of the dangers of TIK. :eek: :confused: :confused:

harharhar, shaun, listen - i had to wikipedia this just to figure out what these guys were on about :D friken weird man !

you boys need to spend more time in the fresh air, fishing, heehee

chris williams
15-10-07, 04:04 PM
I thought we were talking to cased caddis larvae not boys?

Lardbeast
15-10-07, 04:12 PM
Philistines.... *sniff*.....

Nevertheless, a Transverse Rolling Flail to

Earls Court

nicholas
15-10-07, 04:48 PM
I fear there maybe non believers in our mists mr Lardbeast, Mr williams you have made me spill my coffee with your tyranical outburst...."you tube,me station" would suggest an element of sarcasm, which can only be a sign of your highly interlectual mind, i ask you to join us and as a gesture of good will can offer you a simple begginers starting point of terminal 4 a simple zone 6 for you which i have reached from earls court via a single swinging reverse double helix.

chris williams
15-10-07, 07:26 PM
1) Do the Heathrow Countdown-Shuffle, 4-3-2-1, Cha, cha, cha, in a Clockwise Circular Yuri Gagarin Orbit, spin off the orbit north and then south on the 1929 film track past the film studios and where they're actin'.
2) Execute a Ricky Ponting 90 degree Jockstrap Punch-Twist on our cricket captain.
3) Migrate past the Jewish bird (do not be misled by Rabbi's Green)
4) Endgame with the risky 'Marilyn Munroe Air Vent Dress Raiser' to see, quite contrary, Mary's Minge.

You'll now be perving on....

Shepherd's Bush

(Home of South African street names and of Queens Pork Rangers - another reason Elton John wants to visit the Kruger)

gkieser
15-10-07, 07:41 PM
YEAH BABY!!! Finally someone with a bit of nads has joined the game! What do you call that move as it's new to my MC eyes!

It must be time to break that most feared of lines and drop a very yellow tinge on Beck's Coefficient:

Baker street with the help of 20 Flat Stellas and a Dodgy Vindaloo Reversal!!!!

(phew - i'm shaking man!! We're finally getting somewhere!)

Lardbeast
15-10-07, 07:50 PM
Risky play, Mr Williams. Were it not for the badger skin underwear, a close encounter with creel would have been in the offing. As it is, one has been placed in a position where the only escape from spoon would appear to be a Lambert Myopus in the second quadrant, thus

Marylebone

chris williams
15-10-07, 10:07 PM
Lord Bard-Yeast, I am sore afraid you are being forced back in time and place to your 3-dimensional initial point of pilgrimage - an exponentially-increasing vortectical whirlpool from which as you know from Izaak Newton's Fifth Law of Alchemy, there is no escape, not even for an Elder of the Sacred Watchtower, until you end up vanishing for eternity within your own Cavern of Sodom and Gomorrah.

The only drastic action left for me to save you from this Path of pestilential Armageddon is is to call on the Alpha And Omega Ultimatum invested in me by my powers as Keeper of the Porcelain Pyramid and of the Sacrament of the Seven Sphincters.

I will invoke the Red Card of Faece for the first time since the the Wizard of Lower Bottom-Without was prevented from impaling the Believer of Reflected Light with the mystical St. Vaseline's Obelisk.

Your travels under my psychic command will lead you to Father Thamesis and close by his Ship Of Latter-Day Fire, to the place people are afear'd to mention in any but hushed tones in daylight in case they incur the wrath, and worse, of the Bestial Children of Sewerage:

To the place they call....:

Mudchute

gkieser
15-10-07, 11:33 PM
By some strange counterweight coincidence an Ill Tempered Bushbaby Brandishing a Katana has miraculously found itself in play at Mornington Cresecet (naturally). Unfortunately this means we will have to adopt the Line Connectors Wild Ruleset, which states that when any wild animals find themselvs in play, a dice must be thrown by each player prior to their own moves. The Wild animal may then move to any station that is the equivalent number of stops from his current position as the number on the dice. In addition to this the player will make his own move. If the Wild animal lands on a line connector, any players currently in the same zone as the animal are penalised. If the wild animal lands at the same station as another player, the Helical spin determines the winner of the confrontation.

*Rolls Dice*
*3* The Ill Tempered Busbaby finds himself at Angel and instantly in a state of spoon. Not a great start by the Bushbay, raising his temper level from Ill to Rather Darn Upsetting.

As for my own move, I'm outta the circle and picking up some chronic in Brixton.

Lardbeast
16-10-07, 12:12 AM
It appears a spatial upset has occurred along the Circle Line. Mrs Trellis has been informed and an addendum will be promulgated for Cribbits' Notation. It appears use of turbo lettuce has been widespread among certain players and some have been seen parading down the Mall wearing their underkecks on their heads and attempting to strike up conversations with lamp posts. It appears the only cure is to place said players in knid and apply hedgehog skin loin cloths to the affected portions. A painful cure, yet effective....

Returning to the current phase, Standing Room Only Ruleset in play with Escalators Wild so a Bognor Quadruple Reach to

Bromley-By-Bow

nicholas
16-10-07, 06:45 AM
I fear you may have played your hand to early Mr Williams you may have left Mr lardbeast and Mr Gkieser vunarable but i had anticipated your move cavern of sodom and gomorrah followed by the red card of faece,s but your move to call the bestial children of the sewer was inspired. Mr lardbeast you are wise to inform Mrs Trellis but feel you have missed the trick with wild escalators,you should have taken the 57% factor into account and made a lateral move with a hint of skinskys polish leaving you 3 moves from MC,some interesting bedtime reading Heinrich Dannemann's " Perfecting Your Lateral Development in Advanced Mornington Crescent", 1925. Fantastic read. Anyway back to my move i find myself 5 moves from Mornington cresent with a move perfected by the Grandmaster Tito Topolini a hybrid inverted lateral spay and land neatley on

EAST FINCHLEY

Lardbeast
16-10-07, 11:44 AM
One was merely attempting to safeguard play through the Dollis Hill loop to prevent a regurgitation of the embarrassing incident when Percy Threepwood found himself in spoon at the Catterick Play Offs in 1997, and had to be brought down from the chandelier by a fireman with a net and a small radish. He has since recovered but still clucks like a chicken in the presence of salad.

Bilateral Northern Sock to

Willesden Junction

Lardbeast
27-04-08, 03:57 PM
Mrs Trellis has announced the sad passing of Humphrey Lyttleton. The Ferndangler Reversal will never be the same again without the Humph, his pot of marmalade, egg whisk and feather boa to reduce line velocities in the second quadrant. Nevertheless, one can but try to fill the boots of the great man

Bromley-by-Bow

Lardbeast
01-09-08, 02:45 PM
It is with deep regret that the untimely passing of Geoffrey Perkins is announced. Together with "The Humph" they made MC the world renowned pastime it has become. No more will we see the famous Reverse Thrumble performed by Mr Perkins in evening dress playing the accordian whilst holding a sausage on a stick and a ciggy behind the ear.

We have lost a truly remarkable man.

Westferry

nicholas
01-09-08, 04:02 PM
Sad news indeed as well as MC he recently produced Catherine tate and also produce Hitchikers guide,father ted and many others,But MC is what most people would actually know him for in the game show sorry i have;nt got a clue.So as he does a double back ,swipe looping,over hanging triple loop into the pearly gates,he will shout for one last time Mornington cresent.

Chris W, he was an old Harrow boy.

Lardbeast
02-09-08, 04:18 PM
Ah, Father Ted. Perhaps something along these lines could be arranged for a Flytalk get together:- http://www.friendsofted.org/

Sidebottom Reversal to

Pimlico

nicholas
02-09-08, 04:41 PM
Mrs wutherings side bottom reversal has now be updated and she can now be seen doing the reverse bottom jib jibbly

Bond street

chris williams
02-09-08, 05:09 PM
Sad news indeed as well as MC he recently produced Catherine tate and also produce Hitchikers guide,father ted and many others,But MC is what most people would actually know him for in the game show sorry i have;nt got a clue.So as he does a double back ,swipe looping,over hanging triple loop into the pearly gates,he will shout for one last time Mornington cresent.

Chris W, he was an old Harrow boy.

Shame...on both counts

chris williams
02-09-08, 05:30 PM
I see the other guy was an Old Etonian which is even worse .. - sounds like the poor guy got hit by a lorry last Friday

I see they've the scripts of some of the shows on the web