PDA

View Full Version : Could I be wrong

Deneys
05-11-07, 04:37 PM
Ok Saturday I woke up at 5:00 and arrived at my local fishing spot to go hunting for bass as I love the top surface these fish provide.When floating for a bout 15 minutes I noticed a hell of a racket by the reads at the other side of the bank when I got to the other side I observed these fish and I could be wrong but it looked like they were hunting in a small group. The group of bass were hitting the tall reads with some force I might add, and any frog rodent or insect that was stunned and fell to the water were engolft.I nearly SH@t my-self when I spooked one of them damn this fish was not a fish it was a monster.

I could have kicked my self for leaving all my flies at home and only taking a few small poppers that I'v had good luck in the past with the smaller bass.

As soon as the monster fish stopped what they were doing (at about 10:am) and returned from where the came I started catch the smaller fish again. O well when the cat is gone the mice will play.

I will be buying some mice,frog flies and make it my mision to get the buggers.

Is this possible or was the sun just getting to me do bass hunt in groups ?

rols
05-11-07, 04:45 PM
Hi Deneys
I have watched smaller bass hunting in groups and herding smaller fish away from the parents to be eaten. This was amazing to watch. The adult kurper would let the fry out of her mouth, to eat. The little bass, 3 of them would hover nearby and then quickly dart forward and the parent would move a bit to intercept the one bass and then the other 2 would dart into the babies untill the parent could get back and suck the fry back into her mouth. Very very interesting to watch.

Deneys
05-11-07, 04:55 PM
Hi Deneys
I have watched smaller bass hunting in groups and herding smaller fish away from the parents to be eaten. This was amazing to watch. The adult kurper would let the fry out of her mouth, to eat. The little bass, 3 of them would hover nearby and then quickly dart forward and the parent would move a bit to intercept the one bass and then the other 2 would dart into the babies untill the parent could get back and suck the fry back into her mouth. Very very interesting to watch.

It is amazing to watch I could'nt believe my eyes and what gets me how mother nature works all these fish must work on some type of internal clock The smaller fish they just know when the bigger fish are out and are not.

I guess this make fly fishing that just a little more special