PDA

View Full Version : Advice!!!!

Umhlangarox
10-11-06, 09:52 AM
Guys i aint sure if anybody will be able to help but will give it a shot. Has anybody use the Greys G-series 3/4wt 8ft rod? Have organised one for a good price but also need to know if it will be ok for fishing the streams in the WC? Worry about the weight? Oh and anybody used the Lochmore 100 reels?

Thanks,
Matt

Arthur
10-11-06, 10:36 AM
Guys i aint sure if anybody will be able to help but will give it a shot. Has anybody use the Greys G-series 3/4wt 8ft rod? Have organised one for a good price but also need to know if it will be ok for fishing the streams in the WC? Worry about the weight? Oh and anybody used the Lochmore 100 reels?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt

Have not used the Grey's myself but know someone who has used that particular rod here on our WC streams.They seem very happy with it - I use a 3 wt myself and find it more than delicate and/or robust enough.The Lochmor's are quite adequate I have one myself(for 5 wt line though).Just find it a little heavy compared to some other reels in its class.

MCC
10-11-06, 11:01 AM
Umhlangarox

The weight and length of the rod is just about perfect. I prefer slightly longer rods, but an extra six inches will not make that big a difference.

Instead of the Lochmor reel I would rather opt for the Stealth Ultra Light 2/3wt reel. This small and lightweoight reel is in the same price range as the Lochmor, but infinitely better.

MC

Umhlangarox
10-11-06, 11:11 AM
Umhlangarox

The weight and length of the rod is just about perfect. I prefer slightly longer rods, but an extra six inches will not make that big a difference.

Instead of the Lochmor reel I would rather opt for the Stealth Ultra Light 2/3wt reel. This small and lightweoight reel is in the same price range as the Lochmor, but infinitely better.

MC

MC my first thought was a stealth reel but i was told the dont have anything smaller then a 5wt. Thanks for the help will look into it!

Umhlangarox
10-11-06, 11:20 AM
Matt

Have not used the Grey's myself but know someone who has used that particular rod here on our WC streams.They seem very happy with it - I use a 3 wt myself and find it more than delicate and/or robust enough.The Lochmor's are quite adequate I have one myself(for 5 wt line though).Just find it a little heavy compared to some other reels in its class.

Arthur if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the reel?