PDA

View Full Version : Ballito

Brad
20-11-07, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Im new to this, just joined today. First of all I made a mistake with my user name and used my id, if anyone knows how to change this it would be great. Anyway my name is Brad and I am going to be down in Ballito on the 28th of Dec and I am really excited to get a fly in the water but I am new at this and need advice on flys and best hot spots.

That would really help for now...

Cheers

Michael
20-11-07, 05:41 PM
Brad, welcome

I would just delete the profile if I were you, and start a new one. It's pretty quick and easy. Rather than going through the whole effort, it's easiest that way.

Have a look at a thread "Ramsgate"...there was a a lot of info and patterns on there, should apply to Ballito too I imagine.

Cheers
Mike

Brad
21-11-07, 11:15 AM
Thanks Mike will do it right away actually...and thanks for the advice, I Guess I was trying to find out if I could just walk onto the rocks in front of our place and put a fly in and hope to be successful...like you were in the Ramsgate Thread, I read it yesterday, will do again.

Cheers

Fingers
21-11-07, 12:53 PM
What about some locations to try in and around Ballito

Brad
21-11-07, 01:21 PM
Howzit, are you offering to suggest a few? If so then please yes, would be great to go somewhere you know you have a chance?

Another thing, have asked before, how do I change my username, I know Mike said delete the whole profile but that is proving to be quite challenging, dont have a clue how to, I cant keep being refered to as my id number?

Sweet:confused: :confused: :confused:

Deneys
21-11-07, 01:27 PM
I cant keep being refered to as my id number?

Keep it I think its classic

But if you need to change it the best would be to delete and start over
or as Pierre if he could change it in the database . If I was you just create
another one and PM Pierry to delete you ID Nic

Brad
21-11-07, 01:51 PM
Thanks, I did email Pierre but if doesnt change it then it stays...

Sweet

chris williams
21-11-07, 03:58 PM
(I hope you don't minding me calling you by your first name)

Keep it!!! Summat different!!

Brad
21-11-07, 04:06 PM
LOL!!!!
Ya my friends call me 7812 for short, my nick name so go for it....ha ha ha

chris williams
21-11-07, 04:20 PM
Goof stuff, Ballito, bggring around in rock pools and gullys with floating line and lightly-leaded small salt floes eg salty Buggers/similar has worked for me since 1965, first time I ever ffished there! Mind you, coupla developments on the backcvast to hinder extending a full line! Short lining into the little gullys magic for the small fish as my other more learned brethen have already said, some are bette ron the incoming, sone on the outgoing and some of dead low tide. Above all, early morning best as the holiday rats take over

Good luck, ps, are you related to Nelson Mandela, he's also got some numbers he uses?

Brad
22-11-07, 12:38 PM
Ha Ha...Thanks Chris, going to try everything, taking my 9 wt and 6 wt so Ill let you know...

Ya I know but those days the numbers were a lot shorter for prison inmates, I didnt tell you hey...Just kidding.

Thanks bud