PDA

View Full Version : Crowds don't seem to bother the yellows much

mikesch
10-02-08, 07:02 AM
On Friday there were up to ten of us fishing the same stretch of water, everyone seemed to have their fair share of hook ups.

Is this common to other venues?

Is it an indication that the system is healthier than we think?

Gerrit Viljoen
10-02-08, 07:51 AM
On Friday there were up to ten of us fishing the same stretch of water, everyone seemed to have their fair share of hook ups.

Is this common to other venues?

Is it an indication that the system is healthier than we think?

Hi Mike,

I assume u talk about the pollution in the Vaal.

I'm getting mixed reports here.A few weeks back some people tested the water and said that's it's fine.Last week on Carte Blanche they showed it's not.

2 weeks ago I bashed my shin open,not very big or deep but still not healed properly.Last year I had Bilharzia.Some 4 years ago,what do u know I fell at Erina Spa on the far side against one of those washed away slabs of concrete.It took weeks to heal.

I don't think the system is healthy at all.I compare it to smoking siggies.

In the beginning u cough alot,headache's,later in life u develop high blood pressure,shortness of breath,etc.U could even end up dead from lung cancer.But u get used to it don't u?Us smokers will confirm.

Point is,the fish might've gotton used to the toxins,they could be fine and ok for now but in the long run it will be fatal.

G

Ps.It is very common to get on dads from 10 okes fishing the same stretch of water.That doesn't prove our system is healthy.

chris williams
10-02-08, 10:15 AM
Gerrit, PS, I emailed the film clip for you please confirm you've got it OK and it 'works'?

Cheers
OMR

chris williams
10-02-08, 10:23 AM
Gerrit, PPS, sorry to hijack the thread, what was the name of the site I can order that entomology book from again?

Cheers
OMR

Gerrit Viljoen
10-02-08, 10:34 AM
Gerrit, PPS, sorry to hijack the thread, what was the name of the site I can order that entomology book from again?

Cheers
OMR

Hi Chris,

http://www.netbooks.co.za/main.asp?D=%7BAF138563%2D017F%2D49E5%2DAA45%2DBE32 13E7710B%7D&PageType=ProductList&CategoryID=11

G