PDA

View Full Version : Over the top maybe?

Morne
10-05-08, 08:31 AM
Swiss goverment to ban "Catch and release" fishing.

http://www.eftta.com/english/news_indepth.html?cart=12102639254074271&SKU=2047259523

It seems that this law is tro try to get people to stop fishing for "fun", but to ensure that you fish for substinance (sp) only. My question is what happens to all those small fish that you catch while trying to get some pan sized ones? Do you take then as well?

What do you guys think, and would you stop fishing if this ever has to be implemented here?

Personally I wont stop fishing, but damn those fish are slippery. "Geez man, im realy clumsy today":rolleyes: ;) :D

dlampert
10-05-08, 08:38 AM
Swiss goverment to ban "Catch and release" fishing.

http://www.eftta.com/english/news_indepth.html?cart=12102639254074271&SKU=2047259523

It seems that this law is tro try to get people to stop fishing for "fun", but to ensure that you fish for substinance (sp) only. My question is what happens to all those small fish that you catch while trying to get some pan sized ones? Do you take then as well?

What do you guys think, and would you stop fishing if this ever has to be implemented here?

Personally I wont stop fishing, but damn those fish are slippery. "Geez man, im realy clumsy today":rolleyes: ;) :D

So you are supposed to kill everything you catch but they are prohibiting barbed hooks ? Sounds about as intelligent as some of the laws our government come up with.

Morne
10-05-08, 08:44 AM
So you are supposed to kill everything you catch but they are prohibiting barbed hooks ? Sounds about as intelligent as some of the laws our government come up with.

HAhA, I noticed that,maybe Manto helped them draft the legislation:D

dlampert
10-05-08, 08:46 AM
HAhA, I noticed that,maybe Manto helped them draft the legislation:D

You and Roland not flogging the Smalblaar this morning ?

Morne
10-05-08, 08:48 AM
We still deciding. Probably take a drive later and see what its like, or go find some other place to go get wet at.:D You fishing today?

Morne
10-05-08, 08:53 AM
You and Roland not flogging the Smalblaar this morning ?

BTW, we not "flogging" the water, we are creating a disturbance to let the fish know where our flies are:eek: :D

dlampert
10-05-08, 08:55 AM
We still deciding. Probably take a drive later and see what its like, or go find some other place to go get wet at.:D You fishing today?

Nope, shopping today and going with my youngest to have her ears pierced. Enjoy if you go.

Jason
10-05-08, 09:39 AM
I used to have a high regard for the intelligence of the swiss. This has just changed my mind for me. Have fun today if you go fishing and think of us poor sods slaving away at work. Good luck with the ear piercing Darryl. Buy her ice cream afterwords.

MyWorld
10-05-08, 12:49 PM
Ten bucks says were going to have a similar law implemented "just because"...
:(

dlampert
10-05-08, 04:30 PM
I used to have a high regard for the intelligence of the swiss. This has just changed my mind for me. Have fun today if you go fishing and think of us poor sods slaving away at work. Good luck with the ear piercing Darryl. Buy her ice cream afterwords.

Thanks Jason,

She had both ears done and was quite brave at first - a couple of tears followed afterwards. An ice-cream was just the medicine she needed to get her mind off the pain.

Rgds,
Darryl

clarias
10-05-08, 07:18 PM
Ten bucks says were going to have a similar law implemented "just because"...
:(

I doubt it, the fisheries scientists in charge of making recommendations are a realistic bunch...

Quoted from report: "Anglers and the sport of angling invest time and money to improve water quality and create larger and healthier fish populations

Something us SA anglers need to do more of....

Jason
11-05-08, 12:36 AM
Thanks Jason,

She had both ears done and was quite brave at first - a couple of tears followed afterwards. An ice-cream was just the medicine she needed to get her mind off the pain.

Rgds,
Darryl

Lol. shame man....Ice cream cures all:)

windknot
11-05-08, 12:36 PM
"Next to hydrogen, stupidity is the most common element". I think Albert Enstein said that. Do you think it applies. This idea is about as effective at conserving fish stocks as only being able to take on size fish (here read sexually mature fish) for the table. I thought that taking more juveniles out of the system would help keep it healthy and that leaving the larger specimens would ensure the future of the species. Shows you how wrong i am.

BuzzLiteBeer
11-05-08, 07:57 PM
*******Content Deleted********