PDA

View Full Version : hi

TroutGirl
22-08-08, 10:05 PM
hi guyz i am back on the site after a couple of years break..i ditched my horrible bf and now keen to hookup with some girlz or guyz and try learn again.can any of u suggest a good place to start flyfishing

Chris Shelton
22-08-08, 10:45 PM
hi guyz i am back on the site after a couple of years break..i ditched my horrible bf and now keen to hookup with some girlz or guyz and try learn again.can any of u suggest a good place to start flyfishing

Hi, welcome back! I suggest you get in contact with Philip Meyer at Eikendal. He is vastly experienced and has the waters on hand. He will quickly get you on the right track.

Jasper
22-08-08, 11:22 PM

either Eikendal ... or Jonkershoek (Ryan Weaver) ... look for their website

rols
22-08-08, 11:53 PM
where in cape town are you? i know you're not online now but my wife is very keen to go further with ff, so if you want we can do a day somewhere. we are in durbanville. send a pm if you want
cheers

Salty Bugger
23-08-08, 05:46 AM
where in cape town are you? i know you're not online now but my wife is very keen to go further with ff, so if you want we can do a day somewhere. we are in durbanville. send a pm if you want
cheers

I know that my wife is also pretty keen to learn. Trouble with us men (generalising now of course) is that we are the wrong people to teach wives/family. It has to do with this thing called patience, and my lack of experience too. I would be keen for my wife and I to join in if you guys do put something together. Let me know.

Ian
23-08-08, 08:08 AM
Let me make use of this oppurtunity and envite the ladies to become envolved in competitive fishing. WP needs to put a ladies team together in the near future to participate in nationals.

For those that know will acknowledge that the lerning curve in competitive angling is tremendous.

Phillip Meyer from Eikendal is the no1 person to see.

rols
23-08-08, 08:51 AM
I know that my wife is also pretty keen to learn. Trouble with us men (generalising now of course) is that we are the wrong people to teach wives/family. It has to do with this thing called patience, and my lack of experience too. I would be keen for my wife and I to join in if you guys do put something together. Let me know.

Lets do this. my daughter is fishing SA's this year but it will be her last. I'd love them to both be fishing with me, the reason they hav'nt done it consistently is because their carp fishing has taken up so much of their time. There was a thread quite a long time ago about the military nature they treated people on a FF camp or "uitpak inspeksie" or something like that.....let me tell you it's nothing like the archaic (sp) domineering way some of these guys behave.....so hopefully ladies FF will get some more ladies. Will speak to Phil and maybe we organize a clinic for the girls......and we kick back with a coupla ales :D

Jason
23-08-08, 09:49 AM
I will be so happy to see my wife casting a fly line. She is keen too. If this goes somewhere I am in.

Korrie
23-08-08, 10:11 AM
I better warn Philip's girlfiriend about all of these referals, :D

Salty Bugger
23-08-08, 10:27 AM
. Will speak to Phil and maybe we organize a clinic for the girls......and we kick back with a coupla ales :D

Great. Let me know and we will pick it up from there. Thanks mate.

Ian
23-08-08, 11:53 AM
This can only be good for the sport. Get into the league with the guys and juniors. Telling you what, even if you know little, you will get off the river a mich 'richer' person. You WILL learn alot.

If any lady of WP would like to get involved this year allready, please notify me asap as the trails will start as soon as September, when the rivers open. You can and will learn as you go along. And maybe even represent your province.

Korrie
23-08-08, 12:07 PM
Can I volunteer my services, as an assitant, for the female clinics.
Photo will be provided.;):eek::D

FishWhisperer
24-08-08, 07:51 PM
Taylor and my GF's are also super keen to learn. Why dont we organize a day where all the couples come fishing and then the guys can do rounds guiding different ladies for the day. That way we cant be short tempered and shout an scream. :)

We can call it 'Wife swap 1" :D

Salty Bugger
24-08-08, 08:00 PM
Taylor and my GF's are also super keen to learn. Why dont we organize a day where all the couples come fishing and then the guys can do rounds guiding different ladies for the day. That way we cant be short tempered and shout an scream. :)

We can call it 'Wife swap 1" :D

Done deal bru:D

MyWorld
24-08-08, 09:12 PM
This sounds dangerously close to a swingers party....
:p

Salty Bugger
24-08-08, 09:30 PM
This sounds dangerously close to a swingers party....
:p

Nah. Not really. But might bring a spare hat for the keys? Ha-ha:D The only thing that will swing are fly rods.

Scythe
25-08-08, 06:26 AM
Troutgirl.

Try getting hold of Dale Berning or Thalia Thain (FWICR) both are lady anglers and should be able to get you hooked up with other ladies and some fishing. FWICR Dale was moving down to the WC last year or the year before.

Possibly contact TJB (Terry Babich) on the forum or get his details from the fishingowl website, he will more than likely have current contact info for Dale. For Thalia try contacting Mark Yelland (@ The Fly Shop, details in the TCFF) they work together.

Welcome back!

Jasper
25-08-08, 08:53 AM
Can I volunteer my services, as an assitant, for the female clinics.
Photo will be provided.;):eek::D

you trying to scare them away Korrie??:eek::D