PDA

View Full Version : G loomis Stream Dancer!

ed_cik
12-11-08, 07:21 AM
HI!

Does anyone have any opinions on the G Loomis Stream Dancer! I am Looking at this rod at the moment!

Eddie

Yellowfever
12-11-08, 07:51 AM
Dave Weaver has one and he loves it. With all flyrods the proof is in the casting. If you cannot cast a rod at a shop don't buy it. I have fond memories of casting on the pond at Fly Fishing Adv in Midrand, hours spent with Derrek and Keith and even testing lines. pity we have to have shops in the urban jungle.

Gaza
12-11-08, 08:38 AM
I have a 5wt Stream Dance. You are welcome to have a cast with it , if you want. It is the High Line Speed model. It is a beauty to cast , and certainly has the ability to bully fish.
PM me if you want to try it , if it helps . I am in Fourways , JHb.

HolyGT
12-11-08, 09:29 AM
Where do you want to use it ???

I have the 5 High line speed as well as the 5 Max.

Different performance and application, but great rods.

But then Biased I am as I am a great G. Loomis fan...:D

ed_cik
12-11-08, 09:52 AM
I want to use it for trout in a dam!

HolyGT
12-11-08, 10:14 AM
I want to use it for trout in a dam!

Nothing wrong with that.

A great fast action, responsive rod to spoil yourself with. Enjoy the experience!

ed_cik
12-11-08, 10:48 AM
Which of the two would be better suited for still water! The high line speed or the max!

HolyGT
12-11-08, 12:10 PM
I prefer the HL speed for still water, as fishing dry flies/nymphs in Sterktontein and the Max for light saltwater and for LM yellows and bass with intermediate lines and top water bugs on a floater.

C J
12-11-08, 02:42 PM
.............Gerrit!?

Gerrit Viljoen
12-11-08, 03:17 PM
.............Gerrit!?

Nope as per our chat,Cross Current 7wt 9ft ;) :cool: :D

G

Bruce
12-11-08, 03:21 PM
I have a Streamdance GLX 5wt Max - brilliant rod. I have several other 5 wt rods including TCR, XP, Gatti etc and I find myself fishing with the Streamdance in all applications more and more...A real casting and fish fighting tool...

LJO
12-11-08, 03:23 PM
I have a Streamdance GLX 5wt Max - brilliant rod. I have several other 5 wt rods including TCR, XP, Gatti etc and I find myself fishing with the Streamdance in all applications more and more...A real casting and fish fighting tool...

What a lucky guy!!!