PDA

View Full Version : Half price tackle

schloshd1
08-01-09, 10:48 AM
I thought I'd pass this on for anyone who might be interested .I was at certain tackle & dive shop in Fourways this morning and they have a whole lot of water damaged goods that they're selling at half price, including about 35 various fly lines(courtland, airflow,teeny and some others) all looked perfect except the boxes were a bit warped ect. They also had books in various states and some other bits and pieces, now might be a good time to stock up.I picked up favoured flys vol 2 & 4 in almost perfect condition this morning to complete my set.

Spilogaster
08-01-09, 01:59 PM
i think i know the shop u are talking about. that stuff has been on that table for over a year, if it is a) the same place) and b) the same stuff I am thinking about.
I nearly snapped up a few of those lines (when I was there a year ago), but none of them were 'required' at the time. I am guessing that the pile of lines is still the same, but that with the summer rains it is a convenient excuse to use as the reason for getting rid of them.

I'll still take a drive past there in the next few days tho, to see whether there IS anything 'new' that has been added to that table.

LJO
08-01-09, 02:55 PM
Their roof blew of some time the last week or so. Alot of water damage. It is not just those line that was on that table since forever.

schloshd1
08-01-09, 04:20 PM
Their roof blew of some time the last week or so. Alot of water damage. It is not just those line that was on that table since forever.

Ja, they're in a new shop now a few doors down from the old one, they said that's the reason they moved.