PDA

View Full Version : Swopping stuff ???

Andre
05-03-09, 09:01 AM
If I had something that I didn't neccessarily want to sell, but was will ing to swop it for something, how would I do this on Flytalk, and how would Flytalk make something out of it?
For example, I have a 5HP Yamaha outboard motor, and would like to swop it for a salt water trolling motor and battery.

Any ideas...?

Jasper
05-03-09, 09:04 AM
If I had something that I didn't neccessarily want to sell, but was will ing to swop it for something, how would I do this on Flytalk, and how would Flytalk make something out of it?
For example, I have a 5HP Yamaha outboard motor, and would like to swop it for a salt water trolling motor and battery.

Any ideas...?

you have just done it Boet!!! :D... unfortunately I don't have a trolling motor - but DO need a 5hp Yammie!!!

nicholas
05-03-09, 09:06 AM

Any ideas...?

Cannot help with the motor but maybe i could swap you a 3# Xplorer for a one of your Sage Axis's:D

To Answer your question a lot of forums have swap sections in there tackle section,maybe admin could add it on.

Korrie
05-03-09, 09:40 AM
I'll swop you a couple of days guiding on the Cape streams for the 5 horsepower Yammie. :)

Andre
05-03-09, 09:44 AM
Cannot help with the motor but maybe i could swap you a 3# Xplorer for a one of your Sage Axis's:D

To Answer your question a lot of forums have swap sections in there tackle section,maybe admin could add it on.

Mmmmm...tempting, but no....sorry.:)

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 09:48 AM
That 5hp Yamaha would look great on the back of my XT500....just need to add wings and I'll have a microlight! yeahaaaaaaa!:cool::cool:

Jasper
05-03-09, 10:03 AM
just think Chris - with the Yammie on the back of my ship you need no longer supply the horsepower in negotiating rocks, etc on trips to slay kob in "Die Vlei" etc ... AND of course LOTS of Yellowtail off the kelp beds off Rooikrans!!!

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 10:04 AM
just think Chris - with the Yammie on the back of my ship you need no longer supply the horsepower in negotiating rocks, etc on trips to slay kob in "Die Vlei" etc ... AND of course LOTS of Yellowtail off the kelp beds off Rooikrans!!!

I was wondering when you were going to fire me :(

Jasper
05-03-09, 10:06 AM
I was wondering when you were going to fire me :(

first need Andre to break down on the Yammie!!! :D

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 10:08 AM
first need Andre to break down on the Yammie!!! :D

ok, cool....Maybe get a job as a rower on his boat when he gets rid of the Yammie :D:D;)

Jasper
05-03-09, 10:24 AM
ok, cool....Maybe get a job as a rower on his boat when he gets rid of the Yammie :D:D;)

GOOD THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre - I will swop your 5hp Yamaha for one (slightly used) Shelton - about 1.5hp but light on fuel!!!:D:D

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 10:33 AM
GOOD THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre - I will swop your 5hp Yamaha for one (slightly used) Shelton - about 1.5hp but lights on fuel!!!:D:D

Light on fuel but heavy on smokes! lol

Andre
05-03-09, 01:45 PM

Well, you could always buy my ageing 115 Johnson from me. I am looking at an almost new 115 Evinrude 4 stroke for the big boat.....the quietest motor I ever heard, and power.....blikskottel, its brutal.

Michael
05-03-09, 03:19 PM
Well, you could always buy my ageing 115 Johnson from me. I am looking at an almost new 115 Evinrude 4 stroke for the big boat.....the quietest motor I ever heard, and power.....blikskottel, its brutal.

For outboard motors...it's Yamaha or nothing. They truly are the best.

Andre
05-03-09, 04:55 PM

Yes I agree, Yammie are the best and would be my first choice. The Evinrude I am looking at, has about 20 hours, and is less than half the price of a new one.
I have been running a Johnson for years , and have clocked up thousands of hours without any problem whatsoever. My current motor is the tried and tested V4 two stroke, and it is quite noisy and absolutely sucks juice.
Waterworld are the agents, and they have assured me that they have the skills and expertise to service it properly, so i am happy. If all thigns were equal, i would choose a yamaha without doubt.

Michael
05-03-09, 05:01 PM
Yes I agree, Yammie are the best and would be my first choice. The Evinrude I am looking at, has about 20 hours, and is less than half the price of a new one.
I have been running a Johnson for years , and have clocked up thousands of hours without any problem whatsoever. My current motor is the tried and tested V4 two stroke, and it is quite noisy and absolutely sucks juice.
Waterworld are the agents, and they have assured me that they have the skills and expertise to service it properly, so i am happy. If all thigns were equal, i would choose a yamaha without doubt.

a Motor at half price of new, with 20 hours on, is a flippen bargain! No wonder you're taking it. :)

Pierre
05-03-09, 05:26 PM
Good idea guys, will pass it on to Philip and get back to you guys.

gkieser
05-03-09, 06:56 PM
i have a few pictures on my computer from a weekend away at a motel in the du toits kloof.

Seems like a good swap for a 5hp yamaha.... :D

Jasper
05-03-09, 07:04 PM

I ran a pair of 60hp Mariners ... they never missed a beat!!

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 09:10 PM
i have a few pictures on my computer from a weekend away at a motel in the du toits kloof.

Seems like a good swap for a 5hp yamaha.... :D

hahaha...you dog you! :D:D

Chris Shelton
05-03-09, 09:14 PM
Andre, I'll offer you a freshly caught 4kg kabeljou (1 hour old) and a private lesson on how to catch them for the 5 horse Yammie. How does that sound boet? :D

gkieser
05-03-09, 10:40 PM
I'll swap the pics for your kob and the lessons!:p